Sofa

Photo source- Pinterest

--

We ended up going back when he got a call from Dante saying he needed him to sign something. I went back up to my room, grabbing my computer. I had a lot of questions and Luca wasn't an option right now so I was left with the super-reliable Internet and my aunt.

My fingers typed in 'how to tell if a guy likes you' and when the results loaded, I grabbed my phone. I had a message from my brother that asked how I was. I rolled my eyes and ignored it although I did plan on answering him at one point, he was still my brother and I still loved him, I was just busy.

I pulled up my aunt's contact but before I clicked 'call' I read what the good old internet said. I fervently read article after article and I couldn't help but overthink with every one.

If he tells you jokes.

Well, my brother tells me jokes, it doesn't mean he's into me because that would be weird and I'd probably kill myself if that was the case so I was skeptical.

If he holds eye contact when speaking.

He did. I was always thinking that his Sicilian eyes were utterly captivating and gorgeous. I wonder if he thought the same thing about me although my eyes weren't Sicilian, maybe part, but not full, if that made any sense at all.

His friends try to leave you alone.

I don't know! Dante and Luca make jokes but I don't think they were trying to get us alone together.

He finds a reason to touch you.

Yes. Literally all the time it seemed. He put his arms on my waist, on my hands, grabbed my face to kiss me, all that jazz.

He uses your name when talking to you.

No, he does not. He'll call me nicknames but he rarely calls me my name, Alexis. He only used a nickname of 'Lex' and it still wasn't often. At least not from what I remember.

You have each other's social media accounts.

No, we don't.

He defends you to others.

No, that hasn't come up.

He takes care of you when you're sick.

I don't know, kinda. He took me to get my wisdom teeth and stayed for a while. I guess that's a yes.

They all said the same thing so I finally opened a new tab and looked up 'is he using me for sex or does he like me' although it was probably stupid because we haven't had sex but it could be leading up to it.

One thing stood out amongst every article: if he doesn't make an effort to get to know you.

He did, at least to me he did. He asked about my home life, in a way. That meant something, right?

You know what? It isn't this difficult! I was overthinking! I shut my computer, grabbed my phone, and called my aunt. It rang three times before she picked up.

"Alexis! Gorg! How are you, baby?" she said and I could practically hear her smile.

"Hi, I need some advice," I mumbled.

I heard her gasp, "is it a boy? Is someone giving you a hard time? Is it a bitch? I told you, baby, just punch them, don't even think, they'll neva expect it!"

I laughed, "no, no, it's not a bitch," I smiled, "um, how are you and Denis?"

"Oh, we got a divorce, yeah," she replied.