Sleepover

"Saw Ashton on the way to your door and he asked me to give you this." Sammy handed me the ticket to the Seahawks game on Thanksgiving. I had honestly forgotten about the game since so many other things had happened since he asked me to go with him. "He said he stopped by to give it to you this morning so he didn't lose it, but Arrie threatened to choke him out or something..." She trailed off, letting herself enter my house. "He said he wanted to speak to you too. You never replied to his texts and he's getting worried."

I got sick of hanging out with Michael and Arrie pretty quickly. There were too many mentions of Ashton and not so many attempts at distracting me. They could even appear to be more upset than I was at times. Eventually I kicked Michael out of my house (once he started to throw dinner ideas at me) and made Arrie go to Sam's room. I spent an hour cleaning my room, making sure to do everything slowly and exaggerated to take up more time. I lied in bed and listened to music until every song I had just wasn't what I wanted to listen to and decided to call Sammy. A sleepover with some girl company was exactly what I needed. At least she would understand if I didn't want to talk about Ashton and she would do her best to make me feel. Girls were just that great.

Tucked underneath Sammy's arm was one of those reusable bags full of goodies from her pantry that her mom had like twenty of and would most likely have a breakdown if she noticed her inventory was gotten into.

"Right, thank you." Having the ticket in my hand really pissed me off. It didn't feel like it'd be any use to me anymore. This was all Veronica's territory now.

"Where can I put all the snacks?"

"Living room." I motioned over my shoulder. "Make yourself at home while I put this in my room."

Arrie had no problem with his levels of creepiness and sadly it was something I was becoming adjusted to. So I wasn't at all startled to see him standing in the doorway of Sam's room, leaning against it with a smirk.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I questioned, slapping the ticket against my palm.

"You don't want Paola, Callista, Zoey, or Izzy and I know why." He spoke confidently, like he had just discovered sliced bread and wanted to throw a few pieces at my face to prove to me how amazing it was.

"Because I'd rather not harass them about something I shouldn't even know about all of them...?" I would be outraged if I found out someone I barely knew hacked into my personal things and they knew information about me that I only trusted a select few with.

"Sage Sirois has the hots for Sammy Anderson!" Arrie sang in a high pitched voice, lightly punching my shoulder.

"Sometimes I start to miss Sam, but then you do something that reminds me of him and it really makes me wish you were both in hiding." I rolled my eyes, tossing the useless ticket on my nightstand.

"There's nothing on TV." Sammy sighed from the living room floor that was covered in blankets and pillows. "I brought those ginger cookies that you like."

She knew me so well! I skipped to the spot beside her, sitting down and bringing a pillow to my lap. The TV was playing some Lifetime movie that had a childhood actress in it that had a great decline in her acting skills since then. Sammy and I liked to watch these and mimic the terrible projected lines, but tonight's movie was a repeat from a year ago and we never forced ourselves to re-watch these awful movies.

"Do you think these actors ever watch these movies and regret their acting in them at all?" Sammy asked, reaching over to grab a cookie. "They have to, right?"

"Something tells me they have no idea how bad their acting is." I chuckled.

Being the self-proclaimed masochist as of five minutes ago, I began to imagine what things would be like between Sammy and I if I were to make the sudden confession of my feelings to her. Would she still be sitting here with me pigging out on junk food and watching television with me. It was quiet hard to ignore those types of thoughts and to ignore the incredible feeling I got each time our hands would accidentally brush or her hand would linger on top my knee as she whispered nonsense into my ear and let a giggle escape her mouth as she found amusement in her own jokes. You see, I loved her laugh in comparison to Ashton's. Ashton's was always a surprise, it was always different. But Sammy's was always the same and I loved the sound of it. I loved the predictability of her.