lol lmao lmfao rofl

"Hey Sage, what are you doing here?" Samantha flipped her long brown hair over her shoulder. She found comfort in a tank top and the cheer practice shorts. The other girls who had been on the team for awhile practically lived in those shorts on their lazier days, probably used to the wedgies they caused or were immune to getting them all together.

"This is going to sound extremely rude and you can turn me away, I'll figure something out..." I scratched my forehead. "Could I stay here? Till Sunday at the latest."

"Um, yeah...You're more than welcome to stay." She stepped aside. "Come in."

When Michael and Samantha were dating, Michael would always show up unannounced to her house and spend a couple of nights with her. Innocently of course. Samantha's parents were pretty cool about it as long as boundaries were respected. Much of Samantha and Michael's relationship was innocent for it was the first relationship for both of them. Michael was more fascinated by the pretty hazel-eyed girl giving him a chance and not finding him annoying than he was fascinated by physical stuff that came with a relationship. He was obsessed with staring at her, watching her smile and laugh, soaking in her company. Surely, there were some physical moments between them. Michael's lips always found his way to some part of her skin and he'd hold her close. It wasn't until the last few months of what they had, had they finally "sealed the deal." That was when we all began to believe the priests and the nuns that sex wasn't great...sex doomed us all in the end because it doomed Sammy and Michael.

"My dad's really strict about the flooring, so leave your shoes here." I understood that with the strict no shoes rule in my house that I never followed to irk my mom. "Feel free to eat whatever you want, the pantry is loaded. Mom's one of those extreme couponers." She giggled to herself. She used to tell us the same story a million times about how her mother went completely insane when TLC didn't accept her to be on the show "Extreme Couponers" and threatened to sue.

=

Sam 4:55 PM:

U there? Who r u staying with?

=

Sage 4:57 PM:

Getting comfortable @ Samantha's...

=

Sam 5:00 PM:

Michael's ex?

=

Sage 5:01 PM:

dad's a cop. Figured it'd b the safest place.

=

This flip phone stuff gave me such a magnificent excuse to bullshit with my texting because pressing 'seven' four times to get an S did not get me off. The phone didn't feel comfortable in my hand either. The slim and small device generated war flashbacks of broken keyboards caused by punching the number too hard and too much.

"New phone?" Samantha leaned against a wall, her hip pressing into it.

"Highly considering going old school." I joked.

Sam left out valuable details like how many minutes are on the phone, how many texts I could send...I'd have to ask when I saw him next...If I saw him next.

"Come on, I'll show you to the guest room." She grabbed my hand and led me through her house. Sammy was affectionate towards the same sex, so before Michael dated her he believed she went for the other team. He was convinced that Sammy had a thing for me because of all the kisses she would plant on my cheeks or the way she would snake her arm around my waist and rest her hand under my shirt and scratch the skin on my back. I just thought those were things that girls did with their friends.