Serendipity

Archer Fajardo...

She was the most unexpected gift that was given to me.

I don't know what's so special about her, but she just caught my eyes right away. She's just like a normal girl. Not like the girls my age. There's nothing special about her.

Habang nasa labas ng coffee shop, hindi ko mapigilan ang sarili kong pagmasdan siya. Ang simple at maamo niyang mukha. Ang mga matang malamlam pero tuwing may makikitang nakakapukaw ng interes ay agad na kumikinang.

"Why are you staring at that young lady, son?" My father asked when he caught me.

I shook my head, "Nothing."

But he don't seem to believe me. He barked a laughter then tapped my shoulder before getting inside.

When i entered the coffee shop, that was when i got to stare at her nearly. She's more beautiful seeing her this close. She's like an angel.

Hindi ko alam kung ano ang meron sa'kin this day, but i felt annoyed when she didn't even bother to look at me. Ni hindi man lang niya namalayan ang presensiya ko noong dumaan ako sa harapan niya. But then that is so immature of me, ako lang itong hindi maintindihan ang sarili.

But on my third glance at her, i caught her looking-no, staring at me. I felt happiness within me. Meeting her eyes makes me excited for which i don't know the reason why. Seeing her shy face, trying to avoid my eyes is making me more excited to know her.

"Magkikita ba kayo ni Celine?" Muling tanong ni Dad.

Doon bumalik sa realidad ang isipan ko. How stupid of me to get excited to a girl whom i don't even know ngayong may girlfriend naman ako.

"No, she said that she have some things to do."

He nodded kaya naman muli ko na lang ibinalik ang tingin ko sa babae, but she's already gone.

Nakaramdam ako ng panlulumo. Hindi ko alam kung bakit. I feel like i failed because i didn't even got her name.

"What's with the face, Archer?" Tanong muli ng ama ko.

"What?" May bahid ng inis na turan ko. Bahagya siyang nagulat sa reaksiyon ko pero kalaunan ay natawa rin.

I have a bad mood since she left. I just want to work, but my father insist on making me come with him in my old school. But to my surprise, i met her again. Maybe, it is a blessing in disguise.

Kiana Fortunato, what a beautiful name.

For years, i know that deep inside me, i felt something different with her, but i just kept it to myself. Hindi ko pinansin because i think that it is just normal for me to feel this way.

She's an orphan, but despite that, she's an amazing woman. I should've felt pity towards her, but instead, i felt proud. Over the years, pinagmasdan ko lang siya sa malayo.

From being a first year college student, until she became a woman. Whenever i see her, i felt so much happiness. I just want to see her smile. Her every achievement feels like my achievements too.

Maybe, what i am feeling towards her is just pity. Siguro, i just became fond of her dahil ilang taon kaming nagkasama. She's close to my parents. Some people says that we are like siblings, but i don't want that. Being her brother is not acceptable for me. I don't want to be like that to her.

Aside from my mother and my girlfriend, Celine, she's the woman who's really close to my life. But over the years, i've come to realize that what i felt for her since the first time i met her isn't just something that i could just forget or be blind towards it. It is something deeper which i am afraid to face because of the situation that we have.