Prologue

Inside the ginormous glass-covered building of Tomlinson Enterprise, sat Louis atop all the floors, feeling the world bustle beneath him. He sat there covered in a cloud of smoke and authority with eyes cold as a corpse and just as lifeless, the shadows of silence haunting his thoughtful mind.

The grey walls of the room match his emotions; lifeless and mundane. The dark mahogany desk barring the weight of the numerous files Louis had yet to touch. And if the interior of the room wasn't grand enough with its chic furniture and fashionable lighting, it came with a full-length window exhibiting the blooming city underneath, only to be covered with thick dark curtains, washing away any traces of daylight and life.

The ticking of the antique Roman clock reminded Louis of the fleeing time and the odds of him winning the race becoming slightly slimmer. He has yet to make a decision, a decision that he thought would cause him great benefit, but will bestow grief and loss upon many and unknowingly himself too.

But that's the thing, Louis doesn't give in to emotions or have any emotions, to begin with. Being in the business for as long as Louis has been, has taught him a great deal. His years of experience and struggle have engraved unforgettable lessons in his mind. One of the many lessons he has learned is to always think with his brain; he learnt it a pretty hard way.

With the last drag, filling his lungs with smoke and stubbing the still-burning cigarette on his gold-embroidered glass ashtray, Louis reached for the pen while holding the paper firmly in one hand. Surfing through the words printed on the crisp contract paper, he stops spotting his name. Bringing the pen to the designated place and signing his name, Louis exhales, smoke washing over the paper, deciding the future of a handful but most importantly, himself. Two words: Louis Tomlinson.

~~~

Thoughts?