LIV

Louis watches Harry's eyes darken as silence envelopes them, the distant ocean waves hitting the shore and two hearts beating. Harry stares at him, his eyes shining with the moonshine invading their solitude, all the stars in Harry's eyes and Louis falls in love with Harry just a little more.

"I love you," Harry says, breath fanning against Louis' lips before they are captured by Harry's own, lips moving in desire with Harry's bum grinding against Louis' hardening crotch. Louis groans into Harry's mouth, his tongue tasting the birthday boy's mouth and nails digging into his clothed bum. "Birthday sex?" Harry breaks free, big eyes alluring Louis and his voice too puerile for someone asking what he asked.

Louis clears his throat, suddenly a bit tenser than he was a minute ago, a sincere visage eclipsing him. He holds Harry closer, their limps tangling until the tips of their noses greet each other. Louis breathes, shaky but fucking sure before his eyes fix on Harry's, the latter looking at him intently.

"I want you to fuck me." He says, shutting his eyes as he exhales.

"I—what? Like, are you sure?" The daze of heat washes away, seriousness in Harry's eyes as he looks at Louis. Louis blinks with uncertainty, his heart beating in an almost violent pace and palms resting over Harry's bum suddenly clammy. "You don't have to," Harry assures. Truth; Louis knows, Harry's eyes say it. Harry pecks his lips, a feathery kiss with love and sweetness.

"But I want you to. I want you to have me in every way. I love you, and I trust you enough."

"Oh, Lou," Harry coos, his large hand stroking Louis' stubbled cheek while verdant eyes remain on Louis. Louis kisses his palm, gently rubbing his cheek against Harry's soft skin and eyes closing for an intake of breathe. He wants this. "I love you—you know that, right?" Louis nods, licking his lower lips with the tip of his tongue before pressing them in a straight line and opening his eyes. "I love you and it does not matter who fucks who. I know you said you did not like it and I will not have you do something for the sake of love if you are not enjoying it yourself. And for the record, I quite enjoy bottoming if you haven't noticed." Harry winks; a soothe over Louis' burning heart.

Silence washes over them, anything but awkward. Harry simply smiles at Louis, the dim of the room enhancing his dimples as he kisses Louis, plush lips soft against Louis' thin. Harry's arms wrap around Louis, hugging the man while he sits over his lap. "I love you." Harry whispers against Louis' ears, his breathe carrying traces of chocolate.

"I love you, too," Louis responds, kissing Harry again before he cups Harry's jaw. "I love you and I want you. With Zayn, the love was never as strong as it is with you. I want you, not because I feel the need to give myself to you, but because I want to have you, too." Louis flips them, Harry on top of him while Louis lays with his back against the mattress. They kiss, languid and pure, the moonshine and waves; their witnesses.

⚠️

Louis moans when Harry's hand reaches his hair, a slight tug and Louis fists Harry's t-shirt to pull him closer. Harry takes his time though, not rushing into anything as he kisses every inch of Louis before he works on taking their clothes off. Louis lays there, wordless with sapphires on Harry staring back at him with eyes that appear to carry a shine—a shine that screams Louis, as if Louis hung the moon for him, as if there is no Harry without Louis.

Louis' hands run through the miles of Harry's skin, their chests pressed together akin to their lips. They are both bare, no veils of clothing separating them from each other's vulnerability. Harry whispers sweet nothings, hard attempts at making Louis feel the safest being made. Louis lets Harry take the lead while he breathes himself into placidity. "I love you so much, Boo," Harry murmurs kissing Louis' collarbones, trailing it down to his chest.