XLVIII

Louis finds himself in front of Liam and Zayn's bedroom door after he stormed out of Harry and Niall's. Now that Louis thinks about it—judging by the noises spilling out of the room—Louis wonders if he made the right decision.

"Oh Jesus! Zayn there!" He hears Liam scream, the banging of the headboard against the wall following along. But it's not like Louis is bothered, he has had his fair share of walk ins, he is immune to the sight of his two best mates going at it. Him and Harry are hotter, though.

Were.

"Lads!" He greets, exclaiming with a faux large grin, finding peace in his best mates' annoyed expressions. They don't even look surprised or embarrassed, instead they look at Louis like parents look at their rebel child: disappointedly. Louis flops down on the bed while Liam covers himself from on top of Zayn, a glare fixed on Louis. Louis simply smiles. "So riding, huh?" He smirks, the couple flipping him off and detangling from each other.

"Should've called, mate." Zayn offers, clearly frustrated but trying his hardest to not offend Louis. Louis knows that Zayn has been treating him delicately ever since....you know. Louis' smile falters for a moment, contemplating his decision now, but he knows they'll never be mad mad at Louis. He is like their adoptive child anyway when he's sad.

"And miss the chance of live porn? No way, Zee." He opts to say while kicking off his shoes and loosening his work cloths. By the time Zayn and Liam are back after freshening up, Louis has already built a nest of pillows and is resting in the comforts of it. He sighs contently when Zayn and Liam join him on either sides and hold him close wordlessly. Louis shuffles deeper info Liam's chest while Zayn spoons him from behind, all their breathings relax and soon it's a sweet silence and their soft breaths.

A moment passes when Louis realises he has tears in his eyes, slowing rolling down his cheeks and falling onto Liam's chest. He sniffles as soundlessly as he can, not wanting to wake them up, but soon it's two pairs of hands that hold him even closer, Zayn's palm lightly patting his belly without a rhythm and Liam placing a feathery kiss on his forehead. They don't ask anything, lets Louis weep his silent tears and all they offer is their love and comfort. Nothing less, nothing more.

He's going to be alright.

*

It's still dark outside when Louis' eyes open again, the exhaustion from the previous days had finally taken a toll on him. He doesn't get up though, rather, he snuggles closer to Liam while Zayn's hold tightens from behind, clearly waking up. Their breathing indicates that both of them are up but the three remain unmoving, the warmth of their body chaining them from facing the cold outside.

"What time is it?" It's Liam who speaks first, sleep-washed voice and rasp.

"Half past nine," Zayn mumbles, hiding his face into Louis' neck, his long lashes tickling the skin. Louis hears Liam sighs—probably rationalising his decision of staying in or getting out of bed—before he carefully retracts his limbs that were holding Louis and walks out of the room.

"We should get up, too." Louis says, not moving an inch and shutting his eyes.

"Yeah." Zayn hums, still holding Louis before Louis' eyes shut again, clearly not over his exhaustion.

"Don't fall asleep again, you two!" Liam's voice cracks through the peaceful lull, suddenly the heavenly warmth of the feather-like blanket rips away from Louis and Zayn, both men curling into each other to fight the cold. "Up. Now." This is a warning, both of them know it, so being the smart ones they are, Zayn and Louis obey Liam's command and make their way downstairs.

Not that Louis fears Liam.

"You saw Harry today, didn't you?" Is the first thing he hears after his still closed eyes manages to find the fucking dining table and sits himself on a chair. He is tired and lonely and sort of guilty—mostly guilty—and also mad at Harry.