LIX

The Apocalypse: Part III

"You've been locked in here forever
And you just can't say goodbye"

⚠️Death, Graphic Violence, Strong Language⚠️

"I love it here," Harry ponders out loud, hands entwined with Louis' as they sit on an old bench of St. Vincent's park, a mellow breeze flowing in the hue of spring. Harry looks soft, his curls fluffy, almost like a kitten, and a coat of blush present on his cheeks, just like it always has when near Louis. Louis' eyes refuse to look away, only wanting to admire the boy he can call his.

His home.

"And I love you," Louis says, as easily as breathing,"my Bons." Harry chuckles gently, his hand shoving Louis away. But it isn't a shove at all, a mere touch, just for the sake of it as a pair of plush lips are on Louis the next blink of his eye. It's tender and slow, Harry's large hands cupping the back of Louis' neck as the sun sets completely, leaving the sky in a sea of vermilion with definitions of black. "Can't believe I will be having you all to myself."

"I know," Harry breathes, his forehead against Louis' while Louis caresses his cheek with his thumb. "I will miss Niall, though."

"I will love you too much for you to even have a moment to miss that leprechaun." Harry chuckles, yet remaining silent as they breathe together, both their eyes shut while the city howls. They have just announced their moving in together, and even though Niall is not exactly jolly about it, he was the one who helped Louis convince Harry.

But Louis hasn't lived with anyone for so long, so long he has been on his own; no one to take care of or be taken care of. It frightens him, the thought of sharing something as personal as a home with Harry, except, he knows that at the end of the day, it's Harry he wishes to see, to kiss, to come back to. He has thought it all out, has been thinking about it for a while — he wants a forever with Harry, even if that indicates his departure from the gang.

He is willing to give it all up. For Harry.

"Will you kiss me every mornin'?" Harry's sonorous voice invades the bubble of Louis' thoughts, a small peck on his cheek following next. A smile etches on Louis face when the warmth of Harry's body cuddles closer to his, the man child curling himself in order to get smaller and fit into Louis' chest. "Will you tell me you love me everyday and buy me sweets?"

Louis' heart aches because he's so in love with Harry, so very in love that he can cry just by glancing at the younger boy cuddled into him, it aches him knowing that he has never loved anyone as much as he loves Harry, and it scares him knowing that each day, his love for Harry grows. He looks down at the boy, the boy with the curls and those eyes of emerald, those eyes that are already searching for Louis', and Louis knows that no matter what, everything is going to be alright.

"I'll do anything for you."

"Even if it means I get to choose your outfits?"

"Even that."

Louis walks lifeless, everything a blur as he solely focuses on the blue of his father's eyes. He has lost it all. Everything. Every fucking thing. And no money is ever going to compensate that, no treasures are ever going to fill the gap that Harry left. Every dime he has earned, the company he built from scratch; a warehouse that Mark handed him, that is now a fucking empire — it values nothing to Louis. He has lost Harry, and he can not ever bring him back, no money will ever earn him that sunshine of a smile that Harry offers him.