XXIX

As much as Louis wants the night to go on like the never ending sky, it comes to a sweet end when the sight of the familiar egg-shell French house comes into his view. The night had tired the green-eyed boy who is now sound asleep on the passenger seat with his fingers wrapped around Louis' little gift and head resting on the window. Louis is chuffed to see Harry growing attached to the thing, it may not be the grandest of the gifts Louis has ever gifted someone but its sentimental value overweighs them all.

Parking his black beauty in front of the residence, Louis carefully shakes the curl-crowned boy with careful hands. "Babe, wake up," he says softly, Harry groans in response and changes his position, curling up like a kitten. "Harry!" Louis warns when the younger grabs his arm, putting an end to his attempts at waking the boy. Louis sighs and leans forward, soft lips meeting Harry's, the younger reacting immediately with eagerness "took you long enough," Harry says, wicked smile blooming on his face once Louis leans back. "Minx!" Louis spits and pinches his nose, adoring grin gracing his face. "Stay over," Harry speaks up in a small utterance, looking at Louis with pleading greens just as he grasps the door handle "Some other day, yeah? I have to go back to mine, haven't been there properly in a long time," Louis says apologetically while Harry nods in understanding.

The older steps out of the car, not wanting to leave Harry alone until he is inside the safety of his house. Harry quickly jogs to Louis' side with shivering teeth, the temperature dropping drastically every passing day in winter's welcome. "I had a really great time today. Thank you, Louis." He says with a smile as green eyes stare into gorgeous blues. They stand there for a moment, hand-in-hand, no shits given about the frosty winds, just eyes playing a sweet game of love and lips slowly leaning forward to say goodbye. Louis pulls him closer while Harry cups his cheek with large hands, warm lips swaying in admiration and affection, the winter chills slowly fading away with their igniting flame of passion. "Harry Edward Styles! I swear to fucking god! I've been waiting for you for the past hour and a half! Get your horny arse inside before I drag you by your stupid curls!" Niall growls from the balcony above, clearly sleep deprived and tired.

"I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?" Louis says with a small peck "yeah," Harry replies blushing away, shivering figure moving away and towards the house. Louis waits until he hears the door shut, Niall flipping him off from the balcony as a goodbye. He drives away, back to his house, entering the familiar surroundings Louis thinks about all the nights he hasn't  spend here. It has been a tough month and a half for him, all the events too jammed up that Louis almost forgot to breathe in between. The incidents hit one after another, each more twisted and cruel than the previous.

Being away from Harry and the rest of the lads for the first time in a while, in his solitary, Louis sits idle on his grand bed, the customary silence driving Louis' thoughts out loud. His mind races while his body lays motionless, uncountable thoughts reminiscing the occurrences of the previous month, just trying to make some sense out of it. He understands the Stephanie-James facade, as twisted and ugly it is, Louis does understands, but nothing else makes sense. His inner turmoil comes to an abrupt halt when the silent air cracks with the raucous rings of his phone.

"Hello," Louis harshly replies, wanting to have a bit of peace of mind without any interventions. "You've been quite brave, my love. Holding hands and kissing the boy in front of the public eye! How scandalous! My, my! How slanderously romantic, Louis William Tomlinson." The cryptic melody of Stephanie Ramirez's voice plays through the device, earning Louis' complete attention. "Were you fucking spying on us, Stephanie? This isn't one of your fucking games! If you even dare to touch a single strand of his hair I'll-" "I won't, but they sure will, darling. You've been quite courageous to be seen with him, given......the circumstances," there's something rather unsettling in her tone, something dark and cruel, something that is Stephanie Ramirez summarily.