LIII

It feels like floating. It's like Louis is floating in a sky of love with Harry as his parachute to keep him safe yet give him the high of the feeling. It's been a two days since they made up and, as sappy as it sounds, it's like they never really took a break.

Despite the annoyed groans from everyone around them, the pair has managed to stay attached to the hip—though not literally since Harry is still quite sore from their drunk escapade. Louis and Harry have been spending most of their time together, even during the sole-suckingly monotonous exhibits they attend (business exhibits, not business business exhibits), the two of them have remained by each other's side, giggling when the Frenchmen scowl at their mispronunciation and acting smug during their presentation.

In the span of forty-eight hours, Harry has managed to drag Louis into every fucking bakery present around the area they are residing and has spent more than a normal person would on sweet goods. Not like Louis is complaining—he is genuinely not—but with the habitude the boy moans at every droplet of chocolate that touches his tongue, it is rather hard for Louis, since they can't do anything until Louis is certain that Harry is not hurting.

Even after Harry has insisted that he is fine, that he is completely willing to do things with Louis, Louis does not miss the slight wince that contorts the curly-haired boys face whenever he rests on his bum. And, for a fact, they are not animals. Obviously they can go without having sex for two fucking days. Obviously.

Except, it's hard. Fucking hard because both of them have been deprived of each other for a fucking month and every touch they share doesn't aid much.

Well, that being said, the other thing is that Louis doesn't know batshit about what to gift Harry for his birthday, which, by the way, is tomorrow. When they planned the trip, Louis did say that he would get Harry to be his, but in all honesty, that was in the heat of the moment. He knew he was going to try, but Harry wanting to mend things was a bit of a bombshell.

Now that it has happened, and that Harry is, in fact, his boyfriend again, Louis does not know what he is going to gift him. He can always stick to jewellery, yes, but it's nothing Louis hasn't done already.

The problem is that Louis does not do romantic shit, like, ever. Never has and doesn't think he ever will. He showers the ones he loves with materialistic things or fancy dinners and all, but being creative is simply not his forte.

His lungs breathe out a sigh, lips pressed in a tight line and eyes shutting for a second too long as he sets his cup of tea on the coffee table. If Harry was near him, he would have interrogated the shit out of him about what was wrong, but to his luck, Harry's curled up into Liam while he settles next to Stephanie on the recliners in Zayn and Liam's room.

The ebony-eyed lady pats the back of his head with her bony fingers, pulling him into her chests and mellowly rocking him. Louis melts into her touch with eyes dripping with sleep. Even after mending things with Harry, Louis still struggles to sleep, knowing that they aren't actually safe at all. He knows Phoenix is out there, lurking like the scum he is and waiting for one weak moment to pounce on Harry.

So, Louis shuts his eyes and lets Stephanie lull him to sleep or at least a moment of rest.

The moment does not last long when Niall and Zayn return from their visit to one of their French partners. As expected, Niall fits himself beside Stephanie while Harry grumbles his way towards Louis, whining about how disgusting Liam and Zayn are and how they almost had sex on the couch, and fitting himself on top of Louis with half of his body hanging out of the recliner.

Zayn and Liam were merely kissing.

"Are we that disgusting?" Harry questions, his head resting against Louis' beating heart while Louis lets Niall pull Stephanie towards him. Louis smiles at his boyfriend, pressing a soft kiss over his forehead and caressing his cheek with his palm.