Epilogue

Epilogue

5 years later

It's been five years since everything happened. Life's sucked- I mean, when hasn't it? It's gotten better, I suppose. Ever since Mello kissed Ash, his life has changed... a lot. Mostly well. I remember his face, his embarrassment, as if it happened only yesterday. He's been pretty... relaxed. No, that's wrong. Mels could never be relaxed. Less murderous is more accurate. I mean you have to be when you have a kid, right? Sienna Natalie Keehl, his one year old daughter, has inherited those eyes of his and her mother's jet black hair. She's a little heart breaker already. Mello hates it.

I remember my knees going weak when he told me. I'd nearly cried admittedly. Sienna was after my sister and Natalie was for Nate River- Near. But you never met him, did you?

I wish you had, my dear reader. He's not that bad- though, don't let Mello hear that. He'd murder me.

Maddy and I... well... I know what you want me to say. You want me to say I like her and we're giving it a go. But no. I'm her protector, not her lover. She's a sister to me. I couldn't see her any other way to be honest. I guess I'm destined to be alone, huh? She's changed too. She's coming out of her shell, one step at a time. Of course, she's still terrified of Ash. I doubt that'll change.

Okay, so the whole destined to be alone crap is a bit dramatic. You and I both know... well... I'm falling. Slowly but surely. You like her, don't you? I mean, from what you've told me...

BB and L... well, we all know how they are. BB is as he always was and as is L. The two crazy geniuses. Saying that, I think L likes Maddy. Only an observation. I mean, since when does that man share strawberries?

And finally...

It's N's birthday today.

His eighth.

He's grown. A lot actually. After securing our apartment building, we finally had a base. We had a chance to get the kid food. He could finally sleep properly. He could... he could get older without fear. And that's all I really wanted. So... that's why I'm writing this for you, Nick. I don't know how many years I'll stay alive. The carrier problem never improved. You know that, right? So if we're ever lost... if you're alone with Sienna, you'll have this to keep you company. To remind you of what happened five years ago so you can survive. You were so small, Nick. You were... You are my world still. I'll always care for you my dear reader... my little brother... Nicholas Jeevas.

-Mail

Matt P.O.V.

"You're writing that again?" Harmony sighs playfully as her slim arms slip around my neck loosely and her head rests on top of mine. I can just sense her smile as I put a hand on hers and chuckle.

"Sorry. It's become a habit." And so I put down my pen, close the book I and Mello had been making for Nick's birthday called the Ology Series, and smile. Harmony kisses the top of my head before she releases me and moves into my vision, her cropped brunette hair swaying. Her auburn eyes focused on my face before she leaned forward, putting a hand beside the book and reaching out with the other. She wiped away a tear that was falling down my cheek with a sad smile.

"Oh Matt..."

The end wasn't the way to end that book... because it wasn't the end. We would still live on. He would live on. I look over my shoulder and meet Mello's eyes, having him grin at me as he bounces his little Si on his knee; of course, Ash has a protective eye on both of them from behind him like some sort of mother hen as Si laughs her little heart out.

Yeah.

We'll be okay.