Chapter 6

((A.N.// Matt: Oh boy... Um... Sorry guys... Izzy's... *face palms and mutters* This is why we never upload at Christmas...

Mello: *sat on a chair at a table, head in hands* Oh God... save us... 

Matt: *sighs and looks at the reader* Hiya guys... Just... um... Read the chapter... enjoy it... Um... OH GOD HERE SHE COMES!

Me: *runs in wrapped in tinsel, baubles on my ears, a Christmas Cracker in my hair which is up in a bun, and a red nose on* CHRISTMASSSSSS!

Mello: *stands up sighing* This is why it's bad to have a Christmas crazy author...

Me: *smiles widely* I'll be worse on my birthday.... ENJOY THIS CHAPTER MY FRIENDLINGS! :D YOU KNOW THE DRILLS BY NOW! :D BYEEEEEEEEE AND ENJOY THIS! xD

Oh, and yeah... I know I said by Tuesday or Wednesday or whatever... but this is a short filler chapter... Chapter 7 is a big one xD So... ignore the last author's note xD))

 Mello P.O.V.

I'm so glad I left Nick at the apartment.

Blood.

Everywhere.

My eyes stung with the overpowering colour; my body trembled; my heart was racing a mile a minute; my hands dangled uselessly at my sides; my body was frozen to the spot- and yet, I still wanted to reach out. I wanted to pull him into my arms and tell him it was okay. I wanted to tell him I was here, and he didn't need to worry anymore. He didn't need to be harmed anymore. I'd protect him. He was my best friend... I wouldn't let him die. I wouldn't let him be hurt anymore. I'd keep him safe. I'd come to save him. 

But I doubted there was anything left to save.

It looked like an atomic bomb had hit. Chairs had been flung around the room, machinery was broken, and I was sure the flesh that rolled to my feet used to be an arm. With a grimace of disgust, I kicked it away from me without glancing down at my shoes. I'd need to deep clean them now. Scratch that, I'd throw them out. Didn't want anything that had someone else's blood on at any point.

Damn, I really liked those shoes.

Swallowing and pushing back my pointless thoughts, I glanced around the room. The lights flickered, temporarily plunging the room into the abyss, but I dismissed it instead of blaming those poor lights. I mean, I wouldn't work either if I'd been broken and were dangling precariously down from the ceiling. I met Ash's eyes before she looked around, trying to find Matt. Well, that was kind of what we were all doing. I looked ahead, and saw a cage.

Well, if that could even be called a cage anymore.

Bars were missing like someone had torn them out to prove a point. A couple of the remaining bars were scattered around on the ground, and I knelt down to grab one for defence. The last few things of interest I noticed about the cage were that someone had bent two bars... like they had bent them enough to... to escape

Matt.

My group didn't dare to say a word. BB wasn't there- he was at the apartment with Nick despite his reservations that this was a stupid idea and that we needed his help-, so Ash and Ryuk looked slightly ruffled at not having their team mate, but not bothered about the blood and gore. L had plastered on his emotionless mask and his black eyes were scouring the area with no regard. It was like he had expected that. And Maddy...

The poor girl clung to Ryuk's arm, her eyes wide with surprise and devastation and full of tears. We shouldn't have brought her.

The lights flickered again snapping me out of my analysis, and as a computer sparked I could clearly hear a whimper of terror from my right. Snapping my head in that direction, all I could see were a load of scientific equipment that I couldn't be bothered to name. Nothing special. Until I saw the kid.