Part 11

Anusha furrowed her eyebrows, watching her eldest walking into the house. She pats Riya's arms and told the girl to go play outside as Naveen walked over and kneeled on the floor in front of her. 

"Naveen?" she called softly, her eyes widening seeing his broken face. Naveen placed his head on her lap, making Anusha narrow her eyes.

"Yennada achu?" she asked, swallowing her saliva as she pats his head. Anusha knitted her eyebrows together, looking at Nelson as the man walked out of the room. Nelson tilts his head, blinking rapidly as he gazed at Naveen with a sudden focus.

"Yenna achu?" he asked as he walked towards Anusha. 

Naveen raised his face and looked at his father. His skin bunching around the eyes, as he gave a pained stare to Nelson. Nelson's eyebrows drew together as he tilts his head slightly making eye contact with his eldest.

"Naveen?" he asked in a confused tone.

Naveen clenched his fist, shaking his head softly. He swallowed his saliva and looked at his father. 

" Yennode things lam anthe studio le irunthu pack panirnga ma," he said in a quiet tone.

He stood up and took a heavy breath. " Aniki Bala sir padam le  light man kekuranga nu soningala ? Athey nanna panre pa," he said and turned around.

"Hey Nillu da! Yenna achu unake  ?" Nelson asked walking towards Naveen.

Naveen gave a pained smile. "Onnum ille, naa nalike Hydrabad kelembi poren...Ma anthe things mattum marakame yeduturunga..." he said and walked away to his room.

"Nelson...yenemo nadanturuku...Ivan..." Anusha said in a quiet voice. Nelson nod his head and walked towards Anusha, drawing her into his arms. 

Anusha and Nelson observed Naveen sitting quietly in their hall as his siblings chatted among themselves. Yashwan frowned as his brother didn't react to any of his jests. He looked at Amaira who shrugs her shoulders before turning her face to watch the movie. Yashwan narrowed his eyes watching his brother's impassive face. 

"Hello Thara baby! " he said loudly smirking inwardly watching Naveen's breath hitched. 

Yashwan quickly turned his head away pretending to talk to Thara as his brother watched him. 

"Maaa Thara ke yenomo manasu kastam ma..." Yashwan hollered while glancing at Naveen from the corner of his eyes.

Anusha frowned and tilt her head. " Yennada solre ?" she said squishing her eyebrows together. 

"Ama ma...yenna problem nu teriyele...naa poi patutu vare..." he said standing up pretending to stretch his hands up in the air. 

"Aavluku manusu kastam na yene than kupduva yethuku unna kupta ?" Amaira asked tilting her head to the side.   

Naveen shook his head and gave out a small resigned laugh. He took his purse out and hand a few wads of cash to Yashwan who blinked at his brother. 

"Buy the baskin robbins peppermint ice cream for her..." he said making Amaira blink while Yashwan let out a disbelieving sound. Anusha's eyes widen as she looks at her eldest. 

"Deyh...nee avaluku ice cream vangi kudutu varusham kanaka achu da! Yen ippe ithulam!" Anusha said as she walked towards them.

Naveen exhaled his breath and gave a falsely bright smile. He turned towards Yashwan and placed the money on his palm. " Naa vangi kuduthen sollavenam," he said and walked away towards Riya who was coloring on the dining table. 

Yashwan sighed and rubbed his forehead. " Ippe poiye avunume..." he muttered under his breath before walking out of the house. 

Amaira bites her lips as she stared at Naveen who was smiling softly nodding his head to Riya who excitedly chatted about her drawing with him. Amaira swallowed her saliva and looked at Anusha.