Chapter 25

When I awoke this morning, I didn’t think today would be as hectic as it was. It seemed like there wasn’t enough time to fit everything in, the appointments took longer than anticipated and Katie was no help at all. She took longer than me!

Now, I was standing infront of my mirror and Katie had just finished removing all the oxygen out of my body by doing up my corset at the back of my dress. The girl standing infront of me was not what I expected, I mean, I had seen everything the hairdressers and make-up artists did, but when you put it altogether, it looked amazing.

My hair was pinned to the side in a bun full of curls with a few loose curls framing my face, it was exactly how I described it to the hairdresser, and she did an amazing job. My make-up was light, but my eyes were dark with grey eye shadow covering my eyelids.

It was my dress that made everything come together though; it was a black, princess style dress, with little crystals all over it that glittered when the light hit it just right. The dress went all the way down to my feet, covering the silver high heels I was wearing. It was amazing and I cannot believe how pretty I looked, I had butterflies in my stomach just thinking about how Gabriel was going to react to seeing me like this, I don’t think he has ever seen me dressed up before.

I heard my door open and turned to see Katie striding into my room openly gaping at me as I was her. She was a vision in red, her dress was the same princess style as mine, but hers had a cluster of crystals underneath her bust and across her waistline. Katie’s hair was left flowing down her back in cascading curls, she looked beautiful.

“Amelia, you look amazing! Gabriel is so lucky!” she said, whilst walking over to me and giving me a hesitant hug, so we didn’t ruin our dresses or hair.

“Thanks Katie, you look beautiful. I can’t wait to see the guys’ faces” I said with a big smile.

“They should be here any minute” Katie squealed. I burst out laughing, she sounded like a pig when she squealed like that!

I finally calmed down and looked at Katie to find a confused look on her face, “What are you laughing at?” she said, and I knew I could hear a little huff in her voice.

“Nothing” I said, “Just please don’t make that noise anymore” I said with a little chuckle.

“Hey!” she said, trying to look offended, but failed when she also laughed a little.

“Come on, let’s go and wait downstairs” I said, grabbing her hand and pulling her with me, as I turned into the living room I saw my dad sitting on the couch, probably waiting for us to finish our girl business.

When my Father heard us walking towards his he looked over his shoulder at us, and his eyes widened.

“Is that my little girl?” he asked, his voice portraying his shock.

He stood up and walked over to us, pulling us both into a hug, “You both look amazing, now sit down, we need to talk”

Here we go, I thought.

Katie and I exchanged a look and tried to stifle our laughter, my Father was going to give us a talk about being careful. I know how this going to go.

“Okay, girls sit down” he said, as he sat across from us on the other couch, “Now, I know I’m getting old, but I know what happens at these kinds of things” he said, looking straight into our eyes. I tried to hold my laughter in, and I could tell Katie was doing the same.

Don’t drink, I thought.

“No matter cool you think it is, you shouldn’t drink, you never know what could happen” he said.