Chapter 21

I couldn’t move, I was frozen in place. I can remember that voice, it has been glued into my mind since I first heard it. Slowly, very slowly, I turned to face them, hoping that maybe, just maybe, they were here for a friendly chat.

“Isaac?” I whispered.

“Well hello Amelia, I bet you weren’t expecting to see me here” he replied, his British accent coming through stronger than before.

“Not really” I exhaled “How are you here? Last time I saw you, you were in my dream”

“That’s true, but I’m not here to hurt you Amelia, I’m here to tell you that Gabriel isn’t telling you everything about what happened in the meadow with Casey” he said, leaning against the railing of dresses with his arms crossed, as if daring me to prove him wrong.

“What do you mean? How do you know all of this? I don’t even know you!” I said, my voice rising. I hated secrets, and it seemed everyone was keeping them from me. I mean, Isaac seemed to know more than me, and I didn’t even know him.

“Amelia, there’s something you should know about me. I’ve been with you you’re whole life. I saw you when you young, running around the meadows with Gabriel, I saw you when you were upset because you had to move, and I saw you when you’re mother passed away. I’m you’re guardian angel, and you need to listen to me”

My eyebrows went up so far, I’m surprised they were still on my head, I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Was it just me or was this a massive coincidence? That I had a guardian angel my whole life, and then my best friend happens to turn into a black wing? It just didn’t make sense to me.

Then it clicked.

“Oh God” I whispered, putting my mouth “Did you have something to do with Gabriel turning into a Black Wing?”

“Unfortunately, yes. He was dumb enough to commit suicide because his father was abusing him; I had to do something about that. His future was destined to collide with yours at some point, I couldn’t let him ruin that”

Hold Up!!

Did he just say that Gabriels dad was abusing him?

“W-What did you just say about Gabriels dad?” I whispered. I must have heard wrong.

“This is what I mean, Gabriel is keeping things from you, things that you will have to dig for. But you have to get them from him, this is crucial for the both of you” Isaac said, he pushed himself off of the railing and came up to me and grabbed my upper arms “If you want him to come back to you, you have to know everything. I have to go now, they didn’t give me a long time” he said, looking up to the ceiling.

“Ok” I whispered, that’s all I could do. Nothing I wanted to say would come out, I just had to let him know that I would do it. Isaac smiled at me, a dazzling smile that made my breath catch, let my arms go and started to walk backwards.

“Everything will be alright Amelia; you just have to listen to

me”

Then he was gone.