Chapter 14

So sorry guys! This chapter is so late, but its fairly long, so hopefully you'll forgive me :)

-------

I woke up the next morning, hoping to find Gabriel lying next to me; but he was nowhere to be seen, I could understand why he didn’t want to sit on my bed whilst I slept, but I wished he hadn’t left. I got everything ready for the day at school; I was glad I didn’t have any lessons with Casey or Ollie today. I ran downstairs, got my shoes and coat on and made my way to my car. The snow on the ground seemed to have melted a little; there was no more snow on the trees and about and inch left on the ground. I got into my car and made my way to school, looking forward to seeing Gabriel.

When I got to school, Katie was near the front entrance waiting for me. What have I done now? I thought. She couldn’t even wait for me to come to her, she had already started to walk towards me, and meet me halfway.

“Do you know where Gabriel is?” she asked, not even a hello.

“No, isn’t he in yet?” I asked, I wasn’t worried about him, he was probably just late.

“No, hardlise anybody is in, well, there are three people off, but that’s enough! Don’t you think?” Katie said, an element of shock in her voice.

“Well, that depends who’s off” I said, hoping that she would say that Casey was off today.

“Well, Ollie isn’t in today, he didn’t even come home last night, me and my mam just thought he was out partying” That’s unusual, hardlise anyone takes a day off during their first week back at school. I put the pieces together; Ollie was absent, Gabriel was absent, I was starting to hope she wouldn’t say Casey’s name in her absentees list “I doubt Gabriel will be coming in, and I think Casey is off today too” Oh no, all three of them are absent?

I got my phone out of my pocket and dialled Gabriel’s number as quickly as I could. Ring-Ring-Ring-Ring-Ring. No answer, I dialled his number again. Ring-Ring-Ring-Ring-Ring. No answer again, I wasn’t going to go to his house, just incase he was on his way and he couldn’t pick up his phone because he was driving. I would wait until lunch time before I started having panic attacks. Me and Katie made our way towards our first class, Mathematics.

The day seemed to drag, it was only lunch, and it felt like I had been in school for at least two days. Gabriel was on my mind throughout the lessons I had; so I wasn’t able to get much work done. I was glad it was time for lunch; because I could ring Gabriel, and if I couldn’t get through to him, I would try Ollie. Me and Katie made our way into the cafeteria, where Jack was sitting at the table awaiting our arrival. I felt a pang in my stomach when I realised Gabriel wasn’t there, nor was he in the cue getting food. He wouldn’t be coming in. I scanned the cafeteria tables, for any sign of Casey or Ollie. None. I only saw their obnoxious friends, this wasn’t a good sign.

“Katie, I’ll be back in a minute, I’m just going out to ring Gabriel” Katie turned and gave me a smile.

“Tell him that I’m going to kick his butt for not coming in!” she shouted to me as I made my way out. Katie was warming towards Gabriel fairly quickly, I was surprised that she would, after Ollie told me that she had a crush on him a few years ago, I didn’t know whether everyone would get along. I guess I was wrong. I was sitting in the girls toilets, my hands were shaking as I got my phone out of my pocket; I was scared incase he didn’t answer again, then I would definitely know something was wrong. I dialled Gabriels number.

Ring-Ring-Ring-

“Hello?” Someone answered; but it wasn’t Gabriel. It was his father.