Chapter 10

The next day I was surprised to see that I awoke at midday, I only had two hours to get myself ready for my day out with Ollie. I quickly jumped out of bed, ran into the bathroom and got into the shower. After I bathed myself, I brushed my teeth and ran back into my bedroom, covered by a towel. After I dried my hair and got my clothes on, I seen myself in the mirror, my hair was like a birds nest, I was never any good with doing hair, but I got out a pair of straightners from my drawers, they were still in the packaging,  and clamped them onto my hair, trying to copy the way Katie had done it, I watched the steam rise from my hair. By the time I had finished, it didn’t look too bad, not the way it was when Katie had done it, but it was acceptable.

By this time it was half one, so I decided to get something to eat, as I wasn’t sure whether we would get anything while we were out, then I heard a knock at the door, my stomach dropped, it couldn’t have been Ollie, he wasn’t supposed to arrive until two. My father answered the door, I couldn’t make out the voices, but I left the toast in the toaster to go and see who it is. It was Ollie, and his turquoise eyes found mine.

“Hey, I thought you weren’t coming till two?” I said.

“Sorry, I was just sat in the house, so I thought I’d come early” he said, my fathers head moving from side to side, following the conversation.

“Well you’re lucky, she’s just got up” my father said, a smirk on his face, I shot him a look as if to say shut up, and then he walked away and sat on the couch.

“Ready?” Ollie asked, a smile on his face.

“Yes, see you later dad”

“Goodbye and be careful!” he said, just as I walked out of the door. I felt the butterflies flutter in my stomach as Ollie held the car door open for me.

“Thanks” I said, he then walked around the car and got in.

“You look beautiful” he said, as he looked at me. I ran my hands down my skirt, feeling slightly embarrassed.

“Thanks, you don’t look so bad yourself” I said. Ollie was wearing jeans with a tight top that clung to his muscular figure. We set off down the road, Ollie was glancing at me every now and again, the silence was uncomfortable; I didn’t know what to say. I felt ashamed about my behaviour a couple of days before, I can’t believe I let him see me like that.

“You’re quiet today” Ollie said “Is there something wrong?” he asked, a look of concern smothered his face, he was so easy to read.

“No, ofcourse not, I just can’t think of anything to talk about” I said.

“Hmm, well how about we play a game?” he asked, a smile playing at the corners of his mouth.

“What sort of game?” I asked, wandering what he was up to.

“A question game, it’s a good way to get to know eachother a bit more”

“Ok, you go first” I said.

“Have you got any pets?” he asked.

“No, but I would like one, have you?” I should know this, seen as though I was best friends with his sister.

“Yes, one cat, she’s out most of the time, but lately she’s been sleeping a lot” he said, laughing “Your turn” My mind reeled with questions, I didn’t want to ask a silly question, so I asked the one that jumped out at me.

“How many girlfriends have you had?” I asked.

“Not many, about six or seven” he said in a casual tone.