Chapter 15

Authors Note.

I decided to dedicate this to LDCrichton, because I absolutley loved her story Amaranthine. It was one of the very frist stories I read when i came to this site :)

----

I knew what I had to do, Casey was right; I caused pain everywhere I went, I had no idea that Ollie was hurt this much, I did tell him we could still be friends, maybe that wasn’t good enough for him.

I turned to look at Ollie, he was looking at the ground.

“Ollie!” I shouted, Ollie looked up at me, his eyes full of pain “I’m sorry Ollie, I really am” his eyes widened, he thought that I was going to choose that he would die, but he was wrong.

“I’m ready, I choose myself” I said, loudly so Casey could hear me.

“Good choice Amelia, I wouldn’t have been happy if you had chosen Ollie” she said, she was standing beside me now, I was ready to go, the only thing I regretted in my life is leaving Harlan. I just wish that I had more time to spend with Gabriel; I wished I could just tell him that I loved him one last time.

All of a sudden Casey’s hand was on my forehead, her fingers pressing into my temples, I screamed. Her nails were digging into my skin, I couldn’t move. In that moment I was transported, I was in a hospital; I could see someone lying in a bed, with doctors and nurses surrounding them. I walked closer, my heart dropped and I felt like I was going to faint. It was my mother in the bed. The doctors were trying to revive her from the car crash.

“Mam! Mam!” I shouted at her, I hoped she could here me. I could understand why Casey wanted me to see this; she was trying to make me suffer, and I was suffering, I didn’t want to see my mother like this. It was hard enough seeing her in the car all those years ago, but this was unbearable. I looked at the doctors, their hands were covered with blood, the nurses handing them equipment, I knew what was coming, and even though I was here, I couldn’t do anything to help her, I walked over to my mother’s bedside, the doctors and nurses couldn’t see me.

“Mam, I love you and I hope I made you proud. I know you are watching over me, but you don’t have to anymore, I will be seeing you very soon mam” tears flowed from my eyes as I grabbed her hand; I looked at her one last time, before I walked away.

All of a sudden I was back in the meadow, lying on the ground, Casey’s fingers still digging into my temples.

“Stop! Please stop it!” I shouted at her, her eyes squinted at me. I think she was surprised that I actually shouted at her.

“What are you going to do about it? You are just a weak little human, you are nothing compared to me” she said through her teeth, the pain she was putting me through was agonising, but I knew what I was going to do; she wouldn’t be expecting it from me.

“Oh, I’ll show you what I’m going to do” no matter how much it hurt, I lifted my fist up beside my head and aimed for her throat,  I put as much force in it as I could. As I hit her, I screamed, I could feel my collar bone break in two, it had totally snapped. I looked back at Casey, who’s hands were no longer on my head, she was staggering back, holding her throat, her eyes wide with shock. I looked at her, I was surprised when I realised I had a smile on my face, I turned and looked at Ollie, he was looking at me, a surprised look on his face. I managed the energy to get myself up off of the ground, and stumble towards him.

“Ollie, are you ok?” I asked, I hoped Casey hadn’t hurt him before I got here.

“I’m fine Amelia, are you ok? I couldn’t watch her do that to you, I thought she was my friend” he said, it was obvious that he meant what he said, the tone of his voice suggested that he was upset, and angry.