Chapter 13

The following morning I was peaceful, lying in my bed with Gabriel’s arm wrapped around me, pressing my body against his. I watched as his chest rose and fell, I lay there and watched him sleep, he looked so young when he slept, he looked like the Gabriel I knew all those years ago. I was falling for him all over again, just looking at him now made me feel even stronger than yesterday.  I slid slowly out of bed, taking one last glance at him before I walked out of the bedroom.

There was a note on the coffee table as I entered the living room, telling me my father had gone to work and that he wouldn’t be back till late. I was quite pleased, because that meant I could spend more time with Gabriel, which is what we needed.

Me and Gabriel needed to connect again, like we did when we were younger, it’s hard to believe that if I didn’t move away, none of this would have happened. I wouldn’t have lost my mother in the car crash, Gabriel wouldn’t have foolishly took his own life, and Casey wouldn’t be after me right now. I wandered into the kitchen to make myself a cup of tea, as I boiled the kettle and poured it into my favourite mug; I could feel someone watching me.

The hairs on the back of my neck stood on edge, a shiver went up my spine. I looked through the kitchen window and straight into the woods, I strained my eyes as I saw something move. I dropped my mug and it scattered all over the floor, the tea spread across the floor like a flood.

The figure moved through the woods, slowly, making sure I could see it. Casey. She was standing right outside of my house. She was coming for me, I didn’t think it would be so soon, but I accepted it. I accepted the fact that I was going to die soon, that Casey would be the one that would kill me.

My eyes followed her back and forth, as she paced through the woods, all of a sudden she was gone. My eyes scattered through the woods, searching for my enemy, but I couldn’t find her. Where was she? My heart started to thump, and my hands started to shake, I grabbed hold of the kitchen counter to steady myself.

I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths, the faces of the people I love reeling through my brain. A hand grabbed my arm; I stood still, not wanting Casey to feel threatened by me. I had to treat her like a wild animal, I was the prey and she was the predator, and when the predator comes near the prey, you stay still, no movement and no sound.

I could hear her breathing, slow and controlled, I, however, couldn’t hear my own breath, that was when I realised I wasn’t breathing. The hand that was still on my arm pressed into my skin and slowly turned me, the first thing I saw as I turned, was dark brown hair, shimmering in the morning sun. I looked at the ice blue eyes that were looking into mine.

“Amelia, don’t be scared” Gabriel said, he must have seen everything that I saw. I was relieved that it was Gabriel that was standing infront of me, but I knew that if Casey knew where I lived, she would be coming for me soon.

“Gabriel, did you see that?” I asked, my voice low, trying to catch my breath after not breathing for the past thirty seconds. Gabriel nodded; I wandered why he didn’t make his presence known to me before Casey disappeared “What on earth is she doping here? How does she know where I live?” I asked.

“She must have followed me here last night, Amelia, you need to keep calm, she cant come in here” he said, I stood there, with Gabriel towering over me, protecting me, comforting me, but I knew that all this would mean nothing once Casey got to me.

“Listen Gabriel, I know what’s coming, I’ve seen it, and don’t tell me that it’s only a dream, because I know it isn’t. My dream is going to come true, I just know it. The only thing I don’t understand is that Ollie is there, he has no reason to be there, he hasn’t done anything to her” I said hysterically, I could imagine what Gabriel was thinking, ‘she’s gone crazy’. But I knew I haven’t, I am just weighing out my options, trying to figure things out and see things from her point of view.