9. Disloyal memory

Few days later.

It was the 20th of September. They had to go on the school trip on 2nd October so Tae suggested to Jimin to invite Suga, Jungkook, Jin and others before their departure. Jimin took the address of everyone and went to invite them with Tae. Today they went to invite Ho-seok.

Ding-dong

The large door was opened by a well-dressed servant.

"We are here to meet Mr. Jung. I am Mr. Min's mate."

"Please come in. But master is not at home. He may be caught in a meeting."

"Ohh. Do you know when he will be back?"

"Sorry sir. I don’t know."

"Ok. Then we are leaving. Please inform him that we will come later."

"Please have a cup of coffee at least. Please sir, come in."

Tae was really thirsty and Jimin thought something and they didn't deny it.

They sat in the waiting room and a bunch of food was arranged in front of them. Ho-seok's servants were also very nice just like him. Jimin looked nervous for some reason but Tae made himself comfortable.

Jimin called the servant and raised the topic which was eating him for the last few days.

"May I ask you something about Hobi hyung?"

"Sure sir."

Jimin was nervous but he really couldn’t prevent himself, "I want to know about the accident 4 years back."

The servant widened his eyes.
But he calmly said "It’s a long pathetic story."

"I know a little. How did the accident happen? And what happened next?"

The servant was very close to Ho-seok for the last 10 years so he was also sad for his master's painful misfortune.

" Young master was a school student back then when I was employed here. He was Master Min Yoongi's best friend. He became close to Ms Min Yoonji soon and fell for her at a young age. But he waited for Ms Yoonji to come to a legal age. On her 18 years birthday, the master proposed to her but she rejected. But after a year she finally understood master's love towards her. They became a couple but only for a few months. One day Ms Yoonji faced an accident with Mr Kim Seokjin. When she woke up at the hospital, she was mentally disordered. They decided to admit her in a private hospital but the master brought her home. He appointed 2 nurses for day and night and a doctor for daily check-up."

"Sorry, but was she entirely deranged? I mean couldn’t she really identify anyone then?"

"No, she was totally crazy. She acted like a 2-year-old. She couldn’t talk properly and for everything she needed someone. Master was always by her side. He always took care of her. After the first two surgeries she started to understand little things and could talk properly. But after the last operation she lost memory.

The surgery was successful. Master was so happy. He arranged a lot of presents and decorated their room on his own. But at the hospital she could only identify Mr Min. It was not a problem. Master didn't mind. Mr Min took her home. After some days she was all fine and started college. Slowly she gathered some old memories but she never recalled master again. She became cold towards master. She even remembered the accident now, but not the master."

Tae's eyes were teary, "H-how? He took care of her when she was crazy. Why did Suga hyung take her home after she recovered?"

"She couldn't identify anyone but Mr Min so she didn't want to come back here."

Jimin wondered "Why was Hobi hyung waiting for her at the restaurant some days ago?"

"Every month on the 14th he waits at a particular restaurant because they became a couple on the 14th of march. So, they promised each other to meet every month on the 14th. Till now the master has been waiting for her in the hope that one day she will remember him and come to meet him there."

"Why doesn’t Hobi hyung tell her everything?"

"She doesn't talk to master and Mr. Kim."

"Kim means? Jin hyung?"

"Yes"

"Why? Jin hyung doesn't look mad at her because of that accident. Does he? "

"No. But she blames herself for Mr. Kim's loss."

"Loss? What loss? "

The servant coughed once and looked down, "Mr. Kim was 5 months pregnant at that time. And he lost the baby because of the accident when he tried to save Yoonji and jumped to protect her. Otherwise Yoonji would be dead that day."

Tae and Jimin were struck by lightning. They understood why Jin had a soft corner for young people or kids.

Is this called Justice that a beautiful rose can only have thorns all over?

A person who spreads happiness everywhere actually owns the most pathetic life.

*****
Word count:830
Thank you.
Please vote before you leave
Stay safe
May Namjesus bless all
Purple you 💜💜