Chapter Eight.

What if love by MV WENDY

I kinda fell in love with that song.

MATILDA SAT IN FRONT of the dressing mirror, trying to work up her long dreads into a presentable knot. Trying as she might she didn't know if it was the lack of zeal, or her low morale, or her ever wandering thoughts that made the simple task of tying up her hair so....so, gosh no words could describe the sloppiness of it all and that's as  a result of the Godforsken son of a beast in human form called  Rory Brown.

It has taken more hours than usual to keep
her mind from wavering but truthfully, she couldn't seem to quench the taste of triumph she felt, at having the courage to walk out on him, hearing the shattering of his wine glass.

It sounded like music to her ears.

Smiling, Matilda began to trace the edges of the dressing table.

Oh, he didn't know she could also play his games, and if he wanted to vent his annoyance on wine glasses so be it. She just hoped there were more glasses to smash into pieces. One thing was very sure, she would do everything possible to get in is way-- to irk him, to annoy him.

The battle line has been drawn.

"Oh!dear husband get ready.." Matilda smiled blowing away imaginary dust from her nails.

Sitting down she thought of what to do to fill-up her day. Thank God for the unlimited access to credit cards, she wasn't a spa person neither was she a  I- must- look- good  beauty plus girl.

But it wasn't a bad idea, she thought.

Right now, she would buy the whole of Maine if possible she couldn't care less. Advantages of  getting married to a Billionaire.

Putting on a baggy pants with a pink cropped top, she grabbed her map, sunshade and went out for a walk. Breathing in the warm air, she  checked her phone for the nearest terminal and  left, with no sense of direction .

****

Matilda!

Matilda!!

Matilda!!!

What the fuck?, where the hell was she?.

Rory paced angrily back and forth,rubbing his head -a sure sign that he was about to explode.

Matilda allowed him a few minutes to grumble, feeling so happy with herself, she chuckled.

"Oh..oh...Mr Rory Brown is sooo angry ". She muttered laughing softly.

She could hear his large footsteps marching up to her with fury, her heart raced in anticipation, it took her counting to hundred  to feel in control once again.

Rory opened the door and was hit with the
warmest smile ever. He  looked at his wife who was sitting by the dressing mirror in a lilac bathrope. He  was sure it was one of her newly acquired item.

That smile...

She was an amateur in seducing men but she had no experience,so innocent that he wondered how she had coped this far. To his surprise, his groin stirred, he felt weak like jelly, suddenly the temperature in the room rose.

Holy shit!

what's happening?, he wondered,why was his palms all sweaty?.

Matilda arched her eyebrow oblivious to the effect her simple action was having on her husband.

"What can I do for you, Rory.?. As you can see I was about to shower and take a wellneeded nap".Matilda said eyeing him from the corner of her eyes.