chapter seven.

🎶Why does love always feel like a battlefield,
A battlefield, a battlefield?
Why does love always feel like....🎶

🎶Can't swallow our pride,
Neither of us wanna raise the flag mhmmmm...........

Battlefield by Jordin Sparks.

Matilda woke up to hot afternoon.

She stood up from the bed to see that Rory wasn't beside her.

For how long had she slept?.

She looked out of the window, the weather was hot and humid, dark and brooding and it seemed it would alter soon. The sky would be clear, clear blue, soft breeze would alleviate the glow of the golden early afternoon sun.

She looked at the beach, at the bleached sand, the foam flecked shore. It was so beautiful. How she wished she could sit on the bleached sand all day and watch the beauty of the beach.

She went into the bathroom to have a cold bath. She did the necessaries and wore a red oversized collarless top and a baggy trouser.

She opened the door to find out Rory was nowhere to be seen. She sat at the dinning and saw a note

"Good afternoon ma'am".

Confused, she frowned.

Rory left this?

And made her cookies?.

She looked down at the plate of cookies before her.

"Hi" . The voice startled her.

She looked up at the stranger. A dark lady whom she guessed would be in her mid thirties.

"Umm..hello?"

"I'm Karenhappuch but you can call me Karen"

"Oh...I'm Matilda Wrigh... Brown, I mean". For a second, she almost forgot that she was married.

Karen smiled " Do you like the cookies?".

She took a bite of it and nodded curtly at Karen.

"It tastes good"

" Your husband assigned me to do the cooking, I've always cooked for Browns during their summer vacation"

"Oh....nice meeting you, Karen.". She pointed toward the note she has read. "So, did you write this?"

Karen beamed" yes".

She had thought Rory wrote it but why would she think he would write her a note. He irked her so much, so much.

"Where's Rory?"

"He's been out since seven".

"Oh".

Karen was a dark, skinny lady, sha had a smile that Matilda found so lovely.

Karen gave Matilda a pitiful look. She's known for few years now and he is not the one to settle for marriage.
Showing up on a vacation with this beautiful lady whom she had thought to be one of his girlfriends. Realizing, she's his wife, she was so happy for him and at the same time, she was sad - it was so evident that Rory didn't love this lady.

He had acted strangely when she had asked about Matilda. Funnily enough, at first sight, she liked Matilda. She's calm and beautiful.

Moments later, she decided to take a good look around the house, by this time, Karen was gone. She came to a realization that the house was so unloved--just like herself.