RENEWAL OF VOW 💜

The song for the chapter is " Takeaway" by The Chainsmokers ft Lennon Stella❤️

Six months later...

MATILDA WAS DRESSED IN a white ball gown  with glittering designs all over it. Her uncle smiled at her widely as he said " I hope there won't be another wedding day after this"

She chuckled " oh uncle... This will be the last time you'll walk me down the aisle, I promise"

" I know dear, because this time you seem so sure of yourself. I can feel your excitement"

She said nothing but smiled. Her uncle was right, she couldn't remember ever being so happy. Rory was caring , understanding, and he respected her a lot. Her life had become love filled, thrilling and promise.

" Your parents would have been really proud of you... You're all grown up now and you are so beautiful. To them, you were a wonderful daughter, especially your father, he never stopped talking about you, he loved you wholeheartedly even though you gave him a lot of headache. The look in his eyes whenever he talked about were that of complete love, You might not know it. He once told me that he wished you could give him a grand child so early so he wouldn't worry about you much." He turned to Matilda who was shedding tears already.

" Oh my dear, don't cry"

" Why are you telling me this now?" She asked amidst tears.

" I don't know, I don't know but I feel like you should know.

MATILDA STOOD at the entrance of Rory's mansion, greeting guests with a beautiful smile spread on her lips. She adjusted her dress, changed her stance and frantically turned to Cassandra. " Am I doing a good job?"

Cassandra chuckled " You are doing just great and you look absolutely gorgeous."

Matilda giggled " You are looking good yourself"

Matilda was dressed in a black jumpsuit that clung to her curves tightly and a gold strip heels, her make up was perfectly done and her hair styled beautifully.

" And where is Rory?" Cassandra asked.

" He's with his Father, I think they're having a serious conversation". Belinda said behind them.

" Jeez, you scared me!" Cassandra said holding her chest

" You ladies were talking too loud abeg." Belinda said with an eye roll

" Whatever. Let's go inside, it's getting dark and I don't think you're expecting more guests Matilda"

" You're right" Matilda agreed

The three ladies walked into the mansion and were greeted by loud cheering and slow music coming from a speaker at a corner in the living room.

Gray walked over to them with a glass of wine. " Hello ladies"

Cassandra rolled her eyes at him " I thought you agreed to no alcohol tonight?"

" Come on babe, it's not alcoholic." He said pretending to be pained, this made everyone laugh.

" God when o...when will I love like this o?!!" Belinda said pouting.

They all laughed this time.

Matilda felt a hand hold her waist. She chuckled. She could feel from his touch that he was Rory.

" Excuse me, y'all... I'm stealing my wife." Rory announced with a smirk.

" She's all yours." Gray replied winking at them both.

Rory held Matilda by the waist and led up the stairs.

" Where are we going?"

" Somewhere beautiful". He replied with a grim on his face.

" And what will the guest think?" She asked in concern

" They will understand that we are a newly wedded couple"

He led her all the way up to the attic, opening the door, he stretched out his arm to take hers.

" Come on, now close your eyes"

She giggled and obeyed, all along her skin tingled in excitement.

He guided her to the window, then instructed her to open. She opened her as a smile spread on her lips. Below, streetlights were shinning brightly and for a moment she thought they were stars.

" Wow, Rory. This is beautiful!"

" Not as beautiful as you though"

She blushed" stop flattering me"
He slipped a diamond necklace across her and pressed a kiss to her nape

" I've been wanting to give you this in a special way, I hope I did well?"

She turned to face him " This is very special, the streetlights and I'm right here with the love of my life"

" I thought of you giving you over a candle lit romantic dinner, but I remembered how crazy you're about beautiful sceneries" He chuckled " I love you so much and I'm grateful to Dad and mom for bringing us together"

" Dad and mom?" She asked.

" Yes, well the whole  get-married-in-one-month-to-own-the
-company was just a trick to make me stop sleeping around"

" For real?? Jeez!"

" If it hadn't happened that way, then I wouldn't have gotten married to you, let alone fallen in love with you...

She smiled at him with tears in her eyes " Thank God I met you, Rory. I don't want to imagine how life would be if I hadn't met you...

He chuckled and silenced her by paying homage to her full lips and that was, they were lost in each other's kisses.