7

Despite the hangover, Isabella got dressed, the last day before the weekend and then it would be sole revision, free to come and go out of school as they please until the final month where they would have a whole month of exams to test their lives knowledge and dictate where they went and what they did.

She entered her friend's house expecting Ellie to be waiting for her. Ellie could drive but she preferred not to. Ellie was not there. She climbed the stairs and made her way to her bedroom.

"Come on sleepyhead, it's basically the final day of school" Ellie had no reaction, which caused a small plant of doubt to placed in her mind. Ellie was a light sleeper, at the smallest hint of a noise she would wake up. Isabella came closer to her friend, she placed a hand on her shoulder and began shaking her. Nothing. Ellie seemed lifeless.

Isabella placed her hand on her friends forehead. Cold. A shiver ran up Isabella arms. She looked towards the dresser where her friends sleeping pills were; she tipped out the pills and began to count. 12 pills. That's when she was supposed to get her prescription again and more bottles of sleeping pills. She hadn't overdosed. No, Ellie hated putting artificial ingredients in her body.

Isabella brought her ear to Ellie's mouth. Silence. Nothing. No small puff of air. Absolutely nothing. There was no pulse on her wrist or throat.

Isabella reached for her phone dialling for the ambulance to come help. Her stuttered words and chocked up tears left the person on the other side of the phone saying they would be there soon.

Isabella sat there with Ellie hand clasped between her own. Tears running down her face. "You-you can't leave, that's not fair, how could you leave me,why? Is it that bad to be a-alive, and stay with me that you had to go? Please open your eyes Jem. I can't live without you. P-please g-god if your out there b-bring her back to me, I promise I'll be better just don't take her away from me. Please" she cried out in vain, slumping forward as she cried, for the girl who lost her spark, the girl who would never leave, for the girl who would never grow old and the girl who had left her.

After an eternity, the ambulance workers arrived and carried her away. Isabella, sat in the ambulance with the lifeless body of her best friend.

"Miss, you'll need to answer some questions. I know you're grieving but we need to get to the bottom of her death. The sooner this is done, the sooner she will have peace" Dumbfound, Isabella nodded her head and followed the police officer.

"You don't need to worry, we just want to get a understanding of her and family life to see the possible factors of what might have concluded to her death" "so it wasn't natural?" "No we suspect there has been foul play at hand. I'm officer Colson and that there is officer Pete, we're just gonna ask a couple of questions and we want you to be truthful as possible. This is not meant to offend you but you'll be hooked to a lie detector, officer Pete will be looking to see if you say the truth. The first question is what is your full name?" "It's Isabella Alyssa Grace" "that is indeed true" "and what was your friends name?" "Ellie Jemima Parker" "that is true." "Could there be someone who wanted her dead, to the point where they killed her?"