6

With the exam time table given out it increased the pressure and burden on the students to achieve the grades and not be disappointments in their parents eyes.

Isabella and Ellie walked into the diner and sat down. The holographic lights hung around the walls as the greasy smell wafted to the pairs noses.

"We're almost done, just a couple month and then we're gone, leaving to make our mark on this world" "what if we never do" "what do you mean Els, we're so close. Then we get to leave here and be free" "but what if we don't? What if we just become a shadow? Nothing to be seen and only in people's memory" "what? Aren't you glad we get to fly again? We always dreamed of flying and now we can" "yeah, flying"

"Your usual love?" "Yes please. Thank you" the girls replied to the waitress, a warm figure in the cold statues of mothers. "Two beers for you lot as well then?" "Thanks Mer" "no problem poppet. I'll be behind the counter if you girls need me.". The British accent had become a feeling for home despite never having visited.

Isabella opened the beers and handed Ellie one. "Cheers to these exams, may we be glorious and succeed and our dreams come true" "amen to that" the bottles clung together before they took a sip. The cool liquid running down their throats. The pair ate their food and bid their goodbyes to the staff.

"Come on" "where are we going now Izzy?" "I've got a buyer here so I'm gonna quickly sell to him and you can get however many drinks you want I'll pay" the pair entered the bar as Isabella told Ellie her order.

"Don't tell me Bella, you know I don't want to know" "alright, where are the drinks?" "Right there, he's coming to give it to us" the pair talked for a while while Isabella downed her drink, Ellie took small sips.

"I'm ordering another one, you want one?" "Nah, I'm good. I'm just gonna go take this call outside and I'll be back." Ellie made her way through the crowds and pushed the door open to a quiet night.

Isabella nursed her drink for a minute before downing it and ordering a round of shots. One. Two. Three. Four. Five she thought to her self as she downed the shot or was it her sixth. Without a thought, she continued. Her mind wondering why Ellie had not returned but as she chased her high the thought and worry disappeared.

An hour after she had left to take the call, Ellie came back. "Izzy come on" she downed the rest of her drink and hauled Isabella to her feet. After carrying her to the car, and to her room, Ellie left her best friend's house.

Before leaving, Ellie placed her hands on the wheel and tried to gain focus. A pain had emerged in her stomach. She bit on her bottom lip before she grabbed a bottle of water from the backseat and chugged it.

' I'll be fine, it's just a 20 minute drive then I'll take some medication' she thought aloud. She gripped the steering wheel and made her way home.

As Ellie got out she became aware of the loss of feeling in her left leg. She dragged it along before taking some antibiotics and dragging her self to sleep. Her deathbed awaiting.....