14

The following day Zayn had just sat with his thoughts as everyone left him to grieve, knowing that he would lash out if they didn't respect his personal space and privacy.

"Zayn, you remember yesterday how I told you that me and Josh would tell you later"
"Yes, what is it?"
"Rhino had a cardiac arrest, they're not sure how so they gave some blood samples to be tested but from what the vet could see he was healthy"
"Right, what exactly do you mean?"
"Well the vet said that there was an artificial substance which caused the cardiac arrest and she has a possible guess but she's not certain, she said that his heart rate was going too fast when you brought him in and the substance killed him"
"But he doesn't have any artificial substance in his diet, he's had what he usually had. What is the artificial substance Lou?"
"Cocaine"
"Bullshit, where the hell would he digest cocaine from, I'm clean except from weed so where the hell did cocaine come from? LOU, WHO THE FUCK HAD COCAINE WITH THEM?"
"Zayn calm down, nobody had anything on them, nobody is allowed when they're around you so you don't relapse and me and Josh checked everywhere, was there a place where you let him out of your site?"
"No, I told you I went for a walk with him, he stopped in front of a shop so we went in"
"You didn't say about the shop, what happened at the shop"
"This girl Isabella came and asked if I wanted to help, she then talked to me about coming here cause of the accent and then she let him walk around but she only had plants"
"Zayn if it is cocaine, I think there's your culprit"
"What would she get of killing rhino"
"Didn't her friend get poisoned, maybe it's related to that, don't you think it's suspicious that she lefts him roam, distracts you and when you find him he doesn't seem like himself"
"But where would she get the cocaine from?"
"It's the perfect cover up, a lot of drugs are made from plants and you did say she took a regular around back, she probably grows them there but it's not realised cause the fruits, veg's and flower cover it up. Zayn not everyone is as nice as they seem"
"I know that now"

Juliet made her way to the abandoned greenhouse, it was once where the old farmers market was, with fresh fruit growing right before your eyes, that was until there was a fire and it was left alone, a couple later in the 70s refurbished the greenhouse to its once former glory but a couple of school boys pelted the greenhouse with rocks breaking some of it, Juliet though it would be such a pretty thing  but it seemed as though it was always destined for bad luck as a young man shot his wife then himself in the 90s and that same decade a 20 year old woman commited suicide, hanging herself from the highest arch.

Since then it remained the same, everyone warned to stay away or else bad luck would follow. Juliet thought to herself she might as well how could her luck possible get worst, but it was best not to tempt fate as shown by her namesake.

She walked around the greenhouse and made her way up the small hill, honestly if Avan wanted to meet her couldn't he do so in a more practical place, no it has to be the abandoned part of town.

"Juliet, finally arrived, you do test my patience, where is it?"
"I already told give me a couple days and I'll get it to you, I don't have any right now"
Avan walked closer, backing Juliet against the tree, he leaned close and whispered "you've got until Friday I won't be this merciful again, so if I were you I'd hurry up and get it, understand me darling" his hand touching her flesh as he ran it against her check, "it would be such a shame if everyone found out, how would they react, would your friends still hang out with you when they know of what has been happening in the past year of your life"
"I'll get it to you, when will this stop?"
"Whenever I say, power is such an addictive thing and when the puppet is as pretty as you it's hard to let go, just know if I say jump you say how high, your life is in my hands and I don't plan on giving it up easily. I hope you understand because I hate repeating myself over such trivial things, I'll let you go and don't forget I want it by 5 on Friday or else"

Juliet made her way back to the streets filled with silence, empty rooms and the glamour of money. She had about an hour before she had to pretend that her world was fine, and her life was in the hands of a sleazy douchbag.

The gazebo had been transformed to show a mini memorial for Ellie Parker as her classmates slowly showed up one by one leaving a bouquet of flowers near her portrait. Everyone seemed huddled in their own corners Isabella and Ji-yoo with their families talking together, Ally Richards and Rhiannon Grey family talked together while Ally, Rhiannon Dean, Adam and James all talked together, Tallulah was with her family and as was angel, everyone else intermingled.

Savannah and Christopher stood at the edge of the gazebo calling everyone's attention, Christopher began "I want to say thank you to everyone for being here and being part of this, as you all know our younger sister has passed away due to someone drugging her which in turn killed her, Ellie was and always has been a kind soul who love purely and could never see the bad in people, and our sister would want people to cry over her as they retold stories of her in a somber tone" Savannah continued "instead she would have wished for that we celebrate her life and memories and look back on them fondly, so I ask you to grab a lantern from the side and light it and let go so we can make the sky bright in honour of our lost light"

The stars had already come out as people began to release the lanterns, Savannah and Christopher had decided they would help their sister travel the world and had her cremated, from this it was sectioned into three parts, the first had been put in all the lanterns so she could fly just as she had wished, the second they would go to the coast and sprinkle her ashes to let her travel around the world, and the last was selfish as that part was divided between the two to put into jewellery so they could have their little sister where ever they went, they wouldn't leave her this time, not again.

The sky was filled with light, Isabella put her head on Ji-yoo shoulder "goodbye jem" "we love you" "til infinity" "and beyond"