9

The news of Ellie death spread around quickly as people went in and out of the interrogation room. People would be revising for exams, go home and be taken in for questioning.

Meanwhile, Pete and Colson had asked for blood samples and her body to be checked for chemicals, while they interviewed and interrogated people who she interacted.

The two officers viewed the results, everything was normal, she had strong antibiotics which showed up and made the lab technicians believe it was covering up the substance which killed her. Plus with the sleeping pills in her system it made it hard to identify what drugs she had. Those two were only confirmed by Isabella who told them of the sleeping pills and they could see the antibiotic pills on the counter.

However what puzzled these men, were the red marks on her throat. It had been obvious that someone had tried to choke her or warn her to stay away. So were the red marks related to her death. They just needed to view the security cameras near the club to see what happened during the phone call.

The two officers put away the files and all the evidence they had gained, albeit not much because the confessions had not revealed much.

"Come on Pete. Let's take a day break from this then we'll get back to this" "I have a feeling well find out a lot more,  these kids well they're not the most clean cut cases" "yeah, what were we then? Smoking weed and being dumb fucks. They're probably the same except they're loaded." "Alright, you wanna help put some officers on protection for Zayn Malik" "Zayn Malik, what the fuck is he doing here?" "Tour and Bill's put me in charge of making sure he has protection cause Zayn is staying here for a month" "why for both" "bill's at his daughter graduation and Zayn has a family affair or something so he needs protection. You helping or not?" "Nah, I'm good. Have fun though" "yeah, yeah, fuck you col" the pair separated as one went home and one sorted security for a musician.

'right, so two security guards since he was only traveling with his two bodyguards.' he summarised from the email. "Right so officer nick and officer Dwayne should do the job" he'd brief the pair in the morning they had already left the building. The ominous ticking continued in the background, he stared at the clock willing the noise to decrease yet the sound daunting his mind. Tick Tock.

Grabbing his cold stale coffee, he began his checks, making sure everything was in order before he too made his way outside and drove back home.

Tick

Tock

Tick

Tock

Tick

Tock

The noise following him, never leaving his dreams. The same sequence played, fire, people, more fire, abandoned train, screams. It never left him causing him to wake up, the same dream starting and ending at the same place. All he could do was watch and see his mistakes every night and every time he went to sleep. Nobody listening to his calls, the deaths on his hands continually refreshed and plaguing his mind.

He awoke at the same time, the clock showing three in the morning. Now the waiting began, hoping to fall to a dreamless sleep. Yet what he wished for never came as usual and layed in his bed trying to gain peace, even it was just an ounce.