4

LISA

It's the second day of class.

"Lisa, I may not be home tonight," Father stated. Looking at him, munching my food, I plainly answered, 

"Okay, Dad." Last night, I wasn't able to fall asleep properly. Thinking about those bullies and the students they bullied. Seriously, it's just not right.

"Something bothering you?" My dad asked. I just gave a sigh. 

"Dad, yesterday, a group of students were making fun of another student during our break time, and it hurts me not doing anything to help her," I sadly confessed, looking down.

"What about the teachers or the students?" Dad asked, worriedly.

"Well, my classmates say no one bothers to tell the teachers; they're afraid of them having revenge if they report it," I explained.

"Lisa," Dad looks at me seriously. "If you know you're in the right place, then do it, instead of having yourself thinking and regretting you could have just done something," He looks at me with his calm demeanor.

"You know, Dad, you're right. Thanks for reminding me," I smiled at him.

"Good, well, I guess we have to go now. I'm heading to work, and you as well to your school," He stands up, carrying his plate and coffee, going to the kitchen.

"But I have a lot of time remaining before our class starts," I complained. Seriously, I have 45 minutes before our class starts, plus only 15 minutes to drive from here to school. I have nothing to do there for the remaining time.

"Uh-uh... but I have to be there earlier, so get ready so I can drop you off already," He fixes his hair in front of the mirror. Tsk... he doesn't change.

"Why won't you just let me have a car? You taught me how to drive since first grade, and I have my student driver's license now, yet I don't have my car," I whined.

I was really waiting for him to say I can have my own car, then he'll buy it for me since I'm just a student and he has lots of money. But I felt that that would be a forever wait. 

But of course, as a loving daughter, I understand him. I'm just hoping he would give in after hearing my valid reasons. Haha... what a word.

"Soon, sweetie, soon," He just shortly said before leaving the mirror.

It didn't work. I pouted.

"Let's go."

As I remove my seatbelt to get out, "Don't forget what I told you about those bullies in your school," Dad reminded.

"Yes, Dad, love you," I gave him a hug. "Bye, take care."

Aish, like what I said, I was really early today; only a few students are walking in here. So I decided to just walk around. My foot brings me here to the football oval. I sat in one of those audience seats.

I watched some students jogging in the oval, some just walking around. I think they are student athletes who live a few meters from this school. Then I spotted the girl I saw yesterday. What's her name again? Aish... I'm not good at memories... I-Irene, that's her name, Bae Irene.

Walking around, she was wearing a red crop top and pink shorts with her hair braided. She's beautiful on the outside, but like I say, since they are bullies, they're ugly.

I looked at her, and then she suddenly looked up, catching my eyes. Dang.