Chapter 2

Vishal: Sahil, did you take my charger again?

Sahil: haan toh?

Vishal: Sahil I am going to kill you!

Ranveer grabbed Vishal before he wrestled with Sahil. Bade Dadi looked at the three brothers, shaking her head and said: arre Kalyani, Manju, someone get me chai! Yaar no one cares for me here! I have been asking for chai and no one is bothering to make it for me!

Manju: arre Dadiji, I would make you chai but my back and neck...they are in so much pain.

Badi Dadi: take off that heavy jewellery, and then your back and neck will be fine.

Manju rolled her eyes as she looked at her husband, who was keeping quiet and writing accounts.

Dadi was walking around in a circle, waiting for her granddaughters to come and saw Anika and Gauri walking into the house. 

Badi Dadi: and meri beautiful princess has came back.

Gauri:  awwww Badi Dadi, you make me blush. 

Badi Dadi: oh churail, I was not talking about you. I was on about meri pyaari Anika. 

Anika smiled as she sat next to her Badi Dadi and kissed the side of her head.

Badi Dadi: Anika, unlike your sister, you won't poison me. So do you think you can make me chai?

Gauri: what makes you think I will poison you?

Badi Dadi: because you want my gold bangles.

Gauri rolled her eyes as Anika chuckled, saying 'yes' to make chai for her Badi Dadi. Gauri sat down on a chair and Dadi looked at Anika.

Anika: is everything okay Dadi?

Dadi: haan everything is okay. Today we received some really good news.

Gauri: kaunsa good news? Is Ranveer bhaiya finally moving out?!

Ranveer: Gauri, what have you got against me?

Gauri: everything....I don't like you at all. 

Ranveer: Gauri!

This time, it was Vishal's turn to grab Ranveer before he decided to kill Gauri. Dadi shook her head at the three and then shook her head at Sahil, who was laughing. If there was anyone who was sensible and good, it was Anika. She was the only sane member apart from her and Akash, who actually had any sense in their brains. 

Anika: what's the good news?

Dadi: so we have found the perfect rishta for you.

Gauri: kya? From who?

Dadi: if you stop interrupting, I will tell you. Now zip that mouth of yours.

Gauri acted as if she was zipping her lips together and looked at Dadi with an innocent smile. 

Dadi: a marriage proposal came for you from a lawyer's family in Mumbai. They are the Oberoi family and they are very well-known and rich. For them to take an interest in a middle class family is such a big deal, and we couldn't refuse it. So tomorrow, they are coming to meet us and if they like Anika in person and if we like their son in person, then we will go forward with the marriage. 

Anika's smiling face changed into a sullen expression. Marriage? Her grandmother kept rejecting all these shaadi proposals that were coming Anika's way and now....the very same woman wanted her to meet some random man and marry him?

Chachi: arre wow Mummyji, this is great news!

Chachu: haan this is really good news.

Gauri: kya?