Chapter 7

The beautiful cover is made by the talented @Shexcreations 

Vishal finally caught up to Gauri and Om after yelling out 'didi' 'didi' a thousand times. Today he was definitely going to complete 10,000 steps, especially with all the walking and running Gauri was making him do.

Vishal: why are you heading to Dr Sid's clinic?!

Gauri: arre yaar I have a headache and I need to get my iron tablets!

She lied. She already had a lifetime supply of her iron tablets because of her darling big sister. Gauri did have a headache because Vishal was annoying her by following her constantly. She was trying to stop a marriage from happening, and thanks to her darling dadi, she had to deal with a useless bodyguard Vishal who wouldn't stop asking questions.

Vishal: you already got enough iron tablets. Why do you need more?

Gauri: I'm running out!

Vishal: but can't you do this later?

Gauri: no I can't, now keep your mouth shut else I will cut your tongue.

Om: arre Anika, shouldn't you be nice to your brother? After all, he is your little brother na?

Gauri looked at Om and Om looked back at her with a smirk.

Gauri: I am always nice to Vishal. I show my kindness to him in a unique way, right meri choti bhai?

Vishal: right...in a very unique way.

Gauri: exactly. Now Vishu, go somewhere else and let us go to Dr Sid's clinic.

Om: waise who is Dr Sid?

Gauri murmuring: if I tell you who Dr Sid is, then the relationship will be broken before it even forms.

Om: kya?

Gauri: I am going to have to tell you this before someone else tells you. Look Shivay, the truth is Dr Sid and I love each other very much but our families are against our relationship. Unfortunately we are both star crossed lovers doomed to fall in the name of love.

Om chuckled before saying: wow what a great joke.

Gauri: joke? You think this is a joke?! Never mind, if you don't believe me, you can ask Dr Sid yourself.

Om: theek hai.

Gauri: kya?

Om: if you want me to ask Dr Sid, then I will ask him. After all we are already here at his clinic, so I might as well ask him.

Gauri was doomed. She didn't expect 'Shivay' to actually go and talk to Dr Sid. She suddenly remembered Ranveer's wise words about how her pretending to be Anika had consequences. Maybe for once in her life, it wouldn't kill her if she listened to Ranveer. After all she was already deep in this hole she dug up herself, now she had to sort it out by paying heed to Ranveer's words.

Gauri: nahi mat karo, I was only joking.

She was slowly realising that this was a bad idea. She shouldn't be meddling in her sister's love life. She shouldn't be meddling in her sister's rishta. Her Anika didi was mature enough to figure out who was right for her and who was not. It was not Gauri's job to be cupid.

Om: pakka na?

Gauri: haan Shivay, pakka. I was joking. Voh my little sister likes to ship me with random people and I just make a joke of it. I think we should go back to my house now. Let's go.

Om: but what about your iron tablets and headache?

Gauri: I'm fine. My headache has disappeared and I just remembered, I have a lifetime supply of iron tablets at home. Now let's go home and finalise this rishta.