Chapter 14

Ranveer and Akash came inside with the Oberois. Entered came Shivay and Omkara - Gauri rolled her eyes seeing Omkara. She had seen enough of him and wanted to bleach her eyes every time she saw him. Following Omkara and Shivay was Roop and Jhanvi. Then came a couple who looked the same age or near the same age as Jhanvi and Roop. They came in with a little girl who looked around Sahil's age with kanji eyes like Shivay - no the girl looked like a teenager not 10 like Sahil.

Finally after the couple and the girl came into the house entered an elderly man...Dadaji, the head of the Oberoi family.

Dadi: namasteji. Welcome to our house.

Dadaji: namasteji. Thank you for accommodating us and agreeing to celebrate the upcoming festivities with us.

Dadi: it is no problem at all. It is our honour to host the festivities with Anika's future in-laws.

Dadaji: speaking of Anika, let me meet the future bahu of the Oberoi family.

Dadi: haan bilkul. Anika beta.

Anika came forward, standing next to Dadi and in front of Dadaji. She was about to bend down and touch his feet, when Dadaji stopped her.

Dadaji: the daughters of my family do not touch my feet. How are you Anika beta?

Anika: I'm fine, thank you. It's an honour to meet you.

Dadaji: the pleasure is mine, Anika. I've heard a lot about you. Shivay has spoken highly of you.

Anika felt her cheeks turning a little pink. Of course her lovely sister Gauri had to creep up from behind and whispered: don't blush that much, you will turn into a tomato.

Anika stepped on Gauri's foot to shut her up, whilst still keeping a smile on her face. Gauri wanted to scream in pain but thought not to, since she did not want to be told off by Dadi.

Dadaji: and who is this?

Dadi: this is our youngest girl, Gauri.

Gauri: namaste Dadaji.

Dadaji: namaste puttar. By the way, Kalayniji and Sharma family, I am aware that my two grandsons were with you the last couple of days. I hope Omkara was behaving properly. If not, do forgive him. I know he can be a handful.

Omkara rolled his eyes hearing what Dadaji had to say about him. As for Gauri, she was about to say something about Omkara but once again, Anika stepped on her foot. Gauri was in pain and made a plan to yell at her sister in private later. Stepping on her foot to support her future in-laws? Her big sister was already going out of line.

Dadi: no, no, Omkara gave us no trouble whatsoever.

Dadaji: that is good then.

Dadi: let's all sit down and talk about the wedding. Does anyone want anything to drink?

The family shook their head and took their seats. Dadi looked at Gauri, Vishal, and Sahil and said: you three take this little girl to the terrace. Beta, what is your name?

Girl: I'm Bhavya. I'm Shivay bhaiya and Omkara bhaiya's little sister. These are my parent, my dad Shakti and my mum Pinky.

Gauri: oh you're Bhavya? I remember you.

Dadi was a bit confused but thought to interrogate Gauri about this later - or maybe not, it didn't seem like something to interrogate her on. She looked back at Bhavya and said: Bhavya beta, go with these three to the terrace. Have some fun.

Bhavya: okay Dadi.

Dadaji: take Omkara with you too.

Gauri sighed deep inside whilst Omkara got up to go with the three and his sister. Ranveer, Anika and Shivay were required to stay downstairs in the living room with the elders.