Chapter 6

Gauri walked down the stairs, with her sister and the Oberoi brothers following her from behind. She was hoping that her Chachi would let them go out on a little tour around Rishikesh, because she had to close the Oberoi chapter in her and Anika's lives...mainly in Anika's life. Once the Oberoi chapter was closed in Anika's life, Anika could actually go after the man that truly loved her. Dr. Sid.

When the four came downstairs, Roop had said something to their Dadi then Dadi replied back with: ji haan, let me show you around the house.

Dadi, Roop and Jhanvi all got up. Dadi asked Akash to come with them. Akash nodded, leaving the Sharma brothers, Badi Dadi and Manju in the living room. Manju saw the four and smiled.

Manju: finally you guys came down!

Gauri: haan we finally came down. Voh you see, there was a lot to talk about. But even though we spoke a lot, I feel that these boys came to Rishikesh for the first time and they are going to be leaving without seeing the Lakshmi Jhula. Now tell me this, who can come to Rishikesh without at least seeing the Lakshmi Jhula?

Manju wanted to say something, but Badi Dadi spoke before Manju did.

Badi Dadi: what do you want?

Gauri: Badi Dadi, Sahil is eating your rasgulla.

Badi Dadi focused her attention on Sahil, who was actually taking a bite of her sweet. Sahil looked at Badi Dadi with a guilty smile, Gauri looked at the Oberoi brothers and said sweetly: Shivayji, Omkaraji, you both were saying how you wanted to see a little bit of Rishikesh's precious treasures. Right you two?

Shivay: yes we did. We wanted to see some of Rishikesh's treasures before we leave.

Om: and who better to show us than Rishiksesh's experts, the Sharma sisters?

Manju: okay then, show the Oberoi brothers our Rishikesh.

Gauri: really?

Manju nodded and Gauri gave her a big smile. She, Anika and the brothers were about to walk away when Manju realised something.

Manju: one minute, you four outside, a boy and girl alone and that too without asking permission from mummyji...nahi baba nahi!

Gauri was about to say something, when Shivay spoke to help her out.

Shivay: Chachiji, we'll be out for only an hour, there won't be anything to worry about.

Manji: aisa hai? Then okay. Beta, you and your brother can go alone then.

Shivay and Om looked at each other whilst Gauri rolled her eyes. She had to somehow get out of the house with the Oberoi brothers. In order to do that, she needed to step up her convincing game.

Gauri: okay they can go then...but if something on the way happens, if something valuable of theirs goes missing, or if Parth the Pickpocketer takes something off them then who will take responsibility? And if we take such a big risk with this family's hone wala son-in-law.....do one thing then Chachi, we'll stay here but you can go with the brothers. Good idea na?

Ranveer rolled his eyes as he listened to his little sister's nonsense. God gave her a big mouth to use but sadly God didn't give her a big brain that she could use. As he rolled his eyes, he started thinking about what Gauri was up to.

Manju: haan that's a good idea. Shivay, Omkara, I'll come with you two. Anika, Gauri, you two stay here and keep an eye on everything. I'll just get my purse and go. Shivay, Omkara, get your big car ready.

The Oberoi brothers were confused with what was going on, till Gauri smiled at Om. It was almost as if Om could read her mind because what came out of his mouth was what Gauri was hoping he would say.