MADDY'S TALE

This chapter will just be the little girl explaining Maddy's back story. There will be no other dialogue. It will be in quotation marks because the girl is talking. Enjoy. Sorry if a short chapter.
"It all started years ago when Maddy was young, only 5 years old. Her mother was still alive, ruling long side with Maddy's father, the elf king. All was peaceful. The elf kingdom had no worries. All was just wonderful. But then on Maddy's 6 birthday, her mother got terribly sick. She couldn't move. Maddy was heartbroken,on her birthday. Maddy wouldn't leave her mothers side. Not even to eat.
The second her dad knew theres no known elfin cure, he went to the dark forest in search of the Dark Brother Hood for a magic cure. (The Dark Brother Hood is a small, dark, kingdom in the center of the dark forest. The kingdom possess dark magic, magic traders, and evil. But not to much evil because Bruce was raised there, and Bruce is a guardian.) When the elf king arrived, the kingdom was a ghost town. There was no one to be found. The king went to the castle to try to find the king of his dark and forsaken kingdom. The king wasn't there, nor was the young prince. This surprised the king, this kingdom is usually full of people. Weird. He thought. The king turned back, towards the forest, disappointed. He started to walk, when he tripped over a person, rapped in a black cloak. The person looked up. The person was an old woman, with a hunched back. She looked like a which.
The kind told this "which" about his wife, the lady nodded. She told him that she could heal his wife but if he gave her his first born child." Maddy" he thought. The which showed him a bottle, with in the bottle, a potion. The kind thought about it. He ripped the potion from her bare hands and ran. He will never give up Maddy. He heard the which shout a cruse from behind him. The potion changed color. But the king kept running.
When the king made it back to Maddy and his wife, he opened the bottle. A cloud of dark purple smoke came pouring out of the bottle and filled up the room. The queen and Maddy started to cough. The queen and Maddy fell silent.
The king felt that he was alone, in a smoke filled room. The smoke cleared. The queen was dead, and Maddy was nowhere to be found. The king called for the guards. The king fell to the ground and blacked out."

END OF CHAPTER.