Thirty two

Calum and I spend the rest of the night drawing up ideas for the restaurant.
We drink some champagne, turn on some music and celebrate. The first song that played was L-O-V-E by Nat Cole King. We laughed as we closely listened to the song. It sounded like cruise ship music. We ended up putting it on repeat and fooling around, dancing to it all night long.
We stayed up until 4 am thinking ideas, making sketches and coming up with a menu and financial plan. I wasn't sure how Calum had the money for this but he specifically asked me to let this be a no questions asked gift. I tried not to feel guilty about the gifts I gave Calum. Compared to this, mine sucked a$$. I don't think Calum really cared about our gifts in comparison, I think he was just excited to help me out. We go back to my apartment and wake up Peyton who was passed out on the couch. We tell her the news and all decide that we should go out and celebrate.
"Okay you realize it's like 5 o'clock in the morning right?" Peyton yawns.
We call a cab and somehow stumble upon a hotel with a 24 hour open bar.
"Your best wine," Calum slaps a hand on the counter.
The bartender looks sleepily at us.
"Aah what are we celebrating this early?" He asks with a heavy french accent.
"I'm opening a restaurant!" I squeal.
"AH let us celebrate! Let your business blossom like a summer wild flower!" He says with enthusiasm.
"How do you say celebrate in French?" Peyton laughs.
"Célébrer." He pours us some wine.
"Let us.... Célébrer!" Peyton raises a glass and we join her.

Carrie arrives two days later. I give her a city tour and take her and Peyton to the restaurant. We all have dinner with Calum and watch movies together.

On Christmas Eve we head to Calum's moms house. I was excited and nervous at the same time. Calum said Mali couldn't make it, she was spending Christmas at her dads.
"We're almost here, this is the the street."
I bounce on my toes.
"This is so exciting! I'm so excited!"
Calum laughs at me.
"See, UH yeah but here the thing..." Calum trails.
"Don't say anything about the restaurant I haven't told my mom about it and I don't want money questions."
I give him a look.
"We can't tell your mom that you're helping me open a restaurant? Cal! Why not?"
"I just told you. I don't want her to question it."
"Well should it be questioned?" I ask.
I didn't want to turn this into an argument.
We pull into a drive way and both get out of the car. I slam my door.
"Why can't your mom know how you paid for it?" I ask tapping my foot as we stand in front of the door.
"Not now Julia, we'll talk later." He rings the doorbell.
"Calum tell me now. Where did you get the money from?"
I bug him.
"It's all my savings. It's not a big deal I just don't want her to know that until I have some of it back." My jaw drops alittle.
"Why would you do that? Are you dumb?" I slap his arm and whisper shout.
The door swings open.
"Calum! Hi sweetie, welcome home." Calums mother opens the door for us and gives him a hug.
"And you must be Julia! I've heard great things." She smiles at me. I nod.
"It's so nice to meet you." I smile.
And then I keep smiling. I eat the food. I complement Mrs. Hood. I listen to silly stories about Calum from when he was younger. I take home left overs. I thank her for welcoming me into her home. Calum and I get into the car. Hell breaks loose.
"Why in the world would you spend your savings like that? I don't want you to do that now I just feel guilty!" I say louder then intended.
"Because I love you Julia, I want you to have the world!"
"But not at the cost of yours! I don't want you to do that for me! I'm grateful but I feel selfish."
We go back and forth half of the way home before finally I give up.
"This is stupid. I'm sorry I freaked out but I don't want you to spoil me like this."
"Just accept it Julia. When you're happy I'm happy and this restaurant will make you happy."

~~~
Our Christmas was pretty awesome.
Calum and I hung out with my sisters all day and later that night Michael Luke and Ashton came over. We all exchanged gifts and ate until we were full then watched Christmas specials all night.
The week between Christmas and New Years I made restaurant plans.
I called Eli. His first job in the work field would be designing my restaurant. We made plans and hired construction workers. I called my parents and told them the news.
We rang in the new year like pro's with a roof top party. Nothing could be more perfect then that moment.

-------------------------------------------
Okay so this chapter and the next chapter are all over the place with time and fast forwarding but I want to get this ball on a roll for the good stuff so please bare with me.
Vote
Comment
Share with friends
:)
Xx /S