six

(Surprise! @exluke - did i getcha?)

six

The whole work day Lilah tried to keep me away from my new friend.

“Jasmine theres shirts over by the newest section that needs to be refolded.”

“Jacklyn this girl needs help, can you show her every dress in the store, her hoco is coming up.”

“Jamie can you go get Matt over here we look good together.”

And every time I was near Calum she rushed over and commented about how good he looked.

“Cal I don’t get it, why aren’t you a model too? We look great together and like we don’t even have to pose!”

But I ignored her and give big smiles all afternoon until she finally was done her shift.

“Do you wanna hang out tomorrow? We could rent movies or go out or something after work.”

Calum asked as we stood side by side behind the checkout.

“I actually have off tomorrow and have plans all day so thanks but no thanks.”

“What kind of plans?”

“Um… just plans…”

“Are you lying to me? Because if you don’t want to hang out with me just say so J.”

“Stop calling me that! And no I do… I guess… but it’s kind of just a personal day for me.”

“Personal day? Like… a spa day?”

I laugh softly. “No I just want to be by myself tomorrow. If I told you, you wouldn’t really understand.”

“Oh…” He sounds almost disappointed and I almost feel bad.

“Maybe we can have dinner tonight or something. Watch a movie? Like the lonely people do.”

Calum gives a small smile and laughs.

“yeah, okay.”

Calum and I catch a cab back to our street and both come over to my apartment. I go into my bedroom and change out of my work clothes while Calum flips through movies to watch on Netflix.

I throw on a navy sweater and gray capri yoga pants. I put on my fox socks and my slippers and walk back out into the main room.

“What do you want for dinner?”

“What can you make?”

I laugh at his question.

“Everything.”

“Steak?”

I almost snort.

“I don’t just have steak lying around, do you know how expensive that is? I can make a mean Stromboli, pizza, walking taco, actual taco, spaghetti taco, chilli, a mean grilled cheese, Lemon Cappaellini with grilled chicken, chicken kiev, shepards pie, fettuccine alfredo, ravioli…”

“Woah woah woah, slow down there master chef! Let’s just go with pizza.”

“Okay… but I’m making veggie pizza. I need to actually cook more than just plain pizza. Gee give me something to work with Hood!”

<<C.H. POV>>

I watch Julia as she strategically places each vegetable onto the shredded cheese covered pizza.  

 As she baked she was so graceful, which didn’t make sense because it was just pizza.

“Can you stop staring at me while I try to cook please?” She says without looking up.

I laugh at her mono toned voice. A small smile grows on her face. She looks up at me, her eyes full of life and sadness at the same time. Confusing.

She puts the pizza in the oven and we sit on the sofas as we wait for them to bake.

“So what exactly do your plans consist of?”

I ask quietly, hoping for an answer and not an angry and sarcastic response, although those are always fun too.  

“Baking, movies, shopping, more baking, cooking, more cooking and more movies.”

She shrugs and pulls down the sleeves of her sweater. It swallowed her but it looked cute.

“And I’m not invited?” I ask and give a fake pouty face even though I actually wanted to join her.

“No… this is something I have to do by myself…” She says with a shaky breath.

“Woah wait… are you going to cry? I’m sorry I shouldn’t have asked I-“

“-No… tomorrow is just an emotional day for me that’s all.”

“Okay…”

“Don’t worry about me.” She says and gets up to check on the pizzas but I can’t help but worry.

Crap. Worry. I’m already in too deep. I don’t want to move again but I don’t want people thinking I’m worried for them.

“Why would I worry about you? No, have a good time tomorrow. Or a bad time. I really don’t care what you do.”

Julia just stands there and stares at me from across the room.

“Ya know what I actually have some packing to get done. Bye.” I say and walk out of the apartment, slamming the door behind me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

double update! Kieran from T Mobile is bae even if i have AT&T //s