eleven

eleven

<<Julia POV>>

When we get back to the apartment it's already 5 o'clock so I call for Chinese food and sit next to Calum on the couch.

I turn on the TV as white noise and turn to him.

"So why did you want to hang out with me today?"

I ask curious.

"I wanted to see what was so special about this day. I wanted to see what you saw and understand you. It's a lot harder than I thought but I'm working on it."

"You shouldn't try to figure me out Hood I'm a mess." I reply.

"It's too late I'm knee deep in the waters." He says. I give a little laugh.

"I still don't understand why today means so much to you."

"You shouldn't. That's for me to know and you not to question. I have my traditions for today and I like to follow them otherwise today would be forgotten."

We sit there in silence and watch the TV until the doorbell rings.

*ding dong*

"Kolby! Julia! Glad you guys could make it this weekend!" Becca, my old roommate says and guides us into the lake house.

"Jacob!" She calls and Kolby's friend Jacob comes out of the other room. He's shirtless, which is no surprise, this was his usual frat-boy self.

"Hello ladies! Welcome to the Owl house! You guys can stay in one of the rooms upstairs. I think the 3rd room to the left is empty."

"Thanks Jacob- and I see you've been working out." Kolby says with a smirk. I almost snort at her awkward confidence. But Jacob just gives her a grin and flexes a little. Kolby asks him and his friend Adam to carry our bags for us and we follow them but the stairs.

"You're such a flirt Kolb's" I whisper to her. She quietly laughs and shushes me.

We settle into our room then head downstairs for dinner. All of our friends sat around the table including a few cute frat boys who I hadn't seen before. We were all given bottles of beer and Jacob and his twin sister Genna stood at the foot of the long table with their bottles raised.

"Here's to senior year!" Jacob says and everyone Whoos or hollars in response.

"Hey I'm Kyle." The boy next to me says. I smile back at him.

"Julia."

"Julia... That's a cute name."

Julia.

Julia.

"Julia! Hello?" Calum says as he stands over me. I jump.

"Huh?"

"I paid for the food... Are you okay?" He asks me concerned.

"Yeah sorry I'm just... Yes I'm fine." I said alittle shaky.

Calum and I eat quietly.

"What's next?" He asks.

I shrug.

"We could watch the movies first I kind of wanted to look at the sky line all lit up."

"I gotcha."

I turn on home alone and by the middle of it I'm leaned into Calum with a blanket wrapped around us. I was so tired from the day I wanted to drift off but I was scared because I knew what would happen in my dreams. But eventually my body takes over my mind and I drift to sleep.