Thirty seven

*2 years later*
I hadn't talked to Calum since that night. He didn't try to contact me much, I had changed my phone number but I had gotten a few friendly emails with details of his travels along with a Merry Christmas or Have a great summer linked on the end. The restaurant had exploded with business. I got great reviews from food critics and we had upgraded a lot of the interior.
After Calum left I stayed single for afew months, leaning on Peyton and Eli when I needed someone there for me. Eli and I grew close and eventually he made his move. We went out for awhile and became serious and he decided to move to New York to spend more time with me. We moved in together and made a life of our own. He had begged me to marry him at least twice but I turned him down both times. I knew Calum and I were over but in the back of my mind I always had dreamed I would marry him, not Eli.
Eli made me feel safe and I felt warm and comforted around him. But what Calum and I had is nothing to compare. I knew I needed to settle but Eli was respectful and knew not to rush me.

It was a Monday morning in November and it was starting to get chilly again. I quickly unlock the door to Célébrer. I liked to get there earlier then the rest of the employees to unstack the chairs and turn on the lights, they took awhile to warm up.

>>C.H. POV<<

I stop infront of Célébrer and quickly glance in the windows.
She was taking down chairs and setting them up. The restaurant had changed so much.
I hadn't been in New York for more than a week at a time to visit family. I tried to stay away like requested but I couldn't any longer. I just needed to see her.
I had my hood up and sunglasses on as I subconsciously stare at her. She had cut her hair but for the most part she looked the same.
She slowly turned and looked straight at me. I look down and begin to walk away and glance back. She was still staring with a puzzled and panicked look on her face from where I stood. I didn't want her to see me. What would I say?

I spend the next week watch Julia open Célébrer at 9:00 at leave at 10:30 when it opened. I would come in after I see that she left and would order coffee, a different kind everyday.
Then I finally worked up the nerve.
I waited until Friday night. I walked into the restaurant and asked for their finest table. They sat me towards the back in a small booth and I ordered a coffee.
My waitress came back and set the coffee infront of me.
"Excuse me... Uh, Jane."
I say reading her name tag.
She gives a smile like she was a little freaked out but pushing through.
"I would like to... Um, I insist on speaking to the owner immediately." I give a small smile and Jane smiles back.
"I'm sorry sir, Miss Albright isn't here this evening, would you like to speak to one of our managers instead?"
I frown.
"No I need to speak with Miss Albright. As soon as possible."
The waitress gives me a puzzled look.
"I'll be right back sir." Jane leaves the table and heads for the kitchen.
After 15 minutes I begin to grow impatient.
I stop a second waitress.
"Excuse me, I need to speak with a manager or someone please."
"Yes sir." She smiles and rushes back into the kitchen.
Great service.
waitress #2, Jane and someone who I assumed is a manager come back to my table.
"Hello sir what may I do for you this evening? Your food came out okay?"
She asks politely.
"Yes, everything was great I just need to speak with the owner, Miss Albright. Please?"
I hear Jane let out a sigh.
"I'm sorry sir she's not here this evening. Is there anything I can do for you?"
I slam my hand against the table.
"No damnit, I need to speak to Julia Albright. Call her! Ask her to come! Tell her theres a problem I just need to see her!" I say louder than intended. I watch Jane as she huffs impatiently.
"And that's enough from you Jane, I've had enough of your attitude." I point and her jaw drops alittle. Waitress #2 and the manager give her a look and she walks away with her hands up in defense.
"I'll see what I can do sir. Please calm down. I'll see what I can do."

<<>>J.A. POV<<>>

I sit across from Eli at our kitchen table and nibble on the chicken he had made for me.
"What's wrong?" He asks with his mouth full of food.
"I don't know. I'm not very hungry. I just feel... Nevermind."
Eli gives me a puzzled look before shrugging and going back to eating his food.
My phone rings on the table beside me.
"It's work." I mutter and get up from the table.
"Julia Albright speaking." I say with a sigh.
"Julia!" I hear one of our managers Darcy whisper into the phone.
"It's Darcy. There's a man here who would like to speak with you. We've tried talking to him but he won't budge. You need to come down here right away."
I furrow my brows.
"On my way." I say and hang up.
I turn back to Eli who looked at me with concern.
"What's wrong?" He asks again.
"Nothing. I have to go down to work. I'm sorry. I'll be back soon."
"Okay. Bye. I love you." He smiles at me.
"Love you." I give him a small smile back and walk outside into the hallway.