4

"Calum!"

"Calum open the fucking door right now!"

"Christ, alright, alright, I'm coming. Calm down Ash, fuck." Calum yelled as he walked towards his front door and pulled it open to reveal his obviously pissed off best friend.

"What the fuck is this?" Ashton held his phone in front of Calum's face, twitter had apparently made a 'Falum" topic and it was thrust into his face.

"It's ice cream. You know, frozen dairy treat."

"I know what fucking ice cream is Calum. That's obviously not what I'm talking about and you know it. Explain to me why I am looking at a picture of you and Fallon fucking Harding on a date."

"It wasn't a date. Stop screaming and come inside, I have neighbors you know."

"Who the fuck cares?" Ashton asked as he stepped just inside Calum's front door. "Where's Roy?" His eyes scanned the room quickly as he seated himself on the sofa.

"Think he was goin' hiking or something. He was gone when I got up. Why? Are you concerned about witnesses?" Calum couldn't help but chuckle.

Ashton stared back at him seriously. "I don't know, should I be? Really depends on what your answer to all this is." He gestured to the phone that he had finally lowered.

"We went to therapy yesterday."

"Therapy?" Ashton's face fell flat.

"Yes. Therapy." Calum huffed, rolling his eyes. "Obviously there are a number of issues for us but we have history and we're both willing to try and fix things. We love each other, even if we've made mistakes."

"God, you really are an idiot aren't you?"

Calum felt the anger build as it rushed through him, his face reddening. "What the fuck are you talking about?"

"It's like you're on a merry-go-round and you can't get off. What has she done to you?"

"She hasn't done anything to me, Ash. Why are you so hung up on this? You and KayKay literally broke up after a whole drag out of a fight and you didn't see me berating you when you got back together. Why does the prospect of the same for me and Fallon bother you so much?" Calum's outrage was obvious and his hands folded into fists as he sat across from a man who certainly looked like his best friend, but who definitely hadn't been acting like him. 

"She's not going to make you happy, mate. You're only going to end up hurt. I know that sounds harsh but I'm trying to be a good friend here even if you think I'm being a dick."

"Which I do. In case that was unclear."

"I swear I'm just trying to look out for you. Every fucking time I try to be supportive shit hits the fan on a whole new level. At some point you're going to have to wake up and see the pattern, bro."

"The sentiment is kind but your execution is shit. Respectfully, you just don't understand Fallon like I do. You don't know how she works and it pisses me off that you, my best friend who is supposedly anti-judgemental, are judging her from outside of a relationship that you just truly know nothing about."

"The whole damn world is judging her, Calum."

"That's an even better reason why you, who used to be her friend, shouldn't be. You've been on her side of the lens before, you should know better." He said matter-of-factly.

"Cal—" "No, Ash. You're being a hypocrite. Look, I appreciate you stopping by but the relationship between me and Fallon is just that: between me and Fallon. The only two opinions that truly matter are ours. You need to respect that. We both have a lot to heal from."