8

Calum's heart ached in his chest as he stared quietly at the woman in front of him. How could Fallon, the woman who despite the current circumstances, had been his whole world for nearly two years not see her own value?

He blamed himself really. Maybe that was the reason he couldn't truly hold the abortion nor her hiding it from him against her. She certainly hadn't been the only one to make mistakes as far as their relationship was concerned.

Hell, if he was in her place perhaps he would feel a bit hopeless as well. Practically the whole world had crucified her when the news had broken, himself included. He didn't want her to feel so desperate however that the idea of taking her own life seemed plausible. Deep in his heart he knew he loved Fallon and that even if they didn't work out he always would.

That was the thought swirling in his mind as he looked at her, brown eyes wide and honest as she stared right back at him. He could practically see the lump in her throat as she waited for his response. There weren't any words sufficient enough for what he wanted to say so instead he leaned ever so slightly forward, eyes completely honed in on hers as he dropped a kiss to her lips.

He needed to jog her memory, show her that no matter what, she would always have someone who needed her.

Their kiss started gently, a soft reminder of how perfectly acquainted they were with one another. His lips slanted over hers, moving in a gentle dance, his hands settling comfortably against her waist as they lost themselves in the embrace. Calum's tongue trailed across the seam of Fallon's lips, his teeth nipping softly at her lower lip until she allowed his tongue inside. The muscle worked, massaging hers until a barely audible moan resounded from the back of her throat, her hands automatically trailing up and weaving through the short strands of his hair.

Calum didn't want to rush this. Truthfully he hadn't expected things to escalate. In the moment he just hadn't been able to bear the sight of her looking so completely broken and downtrodden. As soon as their mouths were molded he knew his simple gesture was going to lead to more. If he didn't, the way that Fallon tugged at his hair certainly offered a clue.

"Fal..Fallon..." He stuttered out between kisses, his mind garnering enough sense to realize they were taking a drastic turn and make sure that they were both on board.

"I want it, Cal. I want you." She answered his unasked question.

"Are you sure?" He asked, his breath hot and heavy against the skin of her neck.

"Yes! Yes, I want you." She said quickly, clearly at her wits end with him. Her chest heaved and she moved so that she was on her knees, her legs pressing into the mattress as he sat up. Calum's hands moved to the sides of her face, brushing back the loose strands of blue hair that framed her face and holding her lips firm against his own as he restarted their kiss.

The innate connection that had always existed between them hadn't gone anywhere. They moved together like they were two halves to a whole. It was a calculated surrender of control. No longer were their minds in the mix, instead they moved on solely instinct. Calum's hands were everywhere, sliding up the sides of Fallon's soft and luscious thighs grunting in annoyance that they were covered by her shorts before he continued across her belly. He cupped her breasts beneath her tank top kneading them and pressing them upwards before allowing his hands to continue their path upwards, her top sliding easily as his forearms pushed it upwards until he lifted it over her head.

Fallon's eyes were half lidded, blissed out on lust she stared at him, piercing through his amber eyes straight through to his soul. He had half a mind to ask her again if she were sure but she leaned forward to initiate their next kiss and the thought drifted into the recesses of his brain. His tongue worked roughly against his as he reached behind her back to unclasp her bra.