Chapter 16

"Lookie here...." The man entered with his usual devious smirk. He laughed hysterically as he saw the girl, unconscious, hands tied, duct tape preventing her to utter a word.

He approached her, admiring the rare view. A smirk still drawn all over his face.

She started to move, slowly regaining consciousness.

The girl tried to speak, but only muffled words came out of her mouth.

He approached the girl, brought up his hand and slapped the squirming girl with the back of his hand. The girl's right cheek stung of the impact, her eyes with visible shades of anger. This made the man satisfied and once more broke into laughter.

"Sorry..." He said as he regained his composure. He approached the girl once more, and held up her chin. He examined every feature of the girl's face.

"You have a beautiful face.... " He said as he harshly let go of the girl's face.

"Too bad, nobody will ever see it again. " The girl with all her force tried to jump on him, but her attempts were futile as the rope tied on both her hands and feet were hard to break.

She gritted her teeth, growling at the man towering her.

"Promise me that you'll be a good girl, and I'll let you speak." The man offered, which grabbed the girl's attention. The girl thought for a moment, before calming down.

He gave a satisfied grin before ripping off the duct tape from the girl's mouth. 

"Marc, you fucker!" The girl growled at Marc, while Marc inspected his nails not giving a single care about the rambling girl in front of him.

"Instead of rambling unpleasant and insulting words why don't you tell me where  the President is, Y/N?" Marc spoke with an unfazed tone, a few moments have passed but he never got a response from the girl. He sighed and pulled a chair from the side, sat and gave a serious look to Y/N. The girl maintained her expressionless face, which made Marc sigh once more.

"I'm asking you nicely Y/N." Marc said with now a serious tone, still Y/N didn't respond.

He sighed, before standing up and removing the chair. He rolled up his sleeves and stretched his neck. The girl on the other hand slowly moved her hands to her back pocket, slowly fishing out her small army swiss knife.

"You're leaving me no choice, Y/N." He approached the girl while pulling his tie loose, throwing it to the side.

"Clench your jaw." A warning he gave before using his right hand to punch the girl on the face. 

He punched the girl once more, this time hitting her straight in the stomach. This made the girl groan in pain but she was already used to this type of stuff. 

"Where is he?" He asked, Y/N still gave no response. He gave the girl a few more punches, before asking again.

"Where.is.he?" 

The girl looked up, met his gaze. Her mouth filled with blood, the red substance dripping down the floor. Her hands were already untied, but she was just waiting for the right moment.

"Are you really this heartless of a person?" The girl said in a low voice, and the man was caught off guard for a split moment but he managed to regain his composure.

"Haven't you noticed?" The man responded, a playful yet evil response he gave the girl. But his response was just a mask, that he made for himself. The truth is he was never evil, hell even he himself never expected he'd turn out this way.

He never wanted to be a politician, he never wanted to be a killer. But the government took everything from him, his father was wrongly accused and was sentenced for life. His mother lost her job because she was framed, he was left with his sister. But sadly her sister died and he was left all alone. The government turned a blind eye on his family, and he was treated as if he was filthy. From that day on, he promised himself even if it would cost him his everything.

That the government, will pay.

"What's your story?" The girl asked, which surprised him. Nobody asked him that before.

"Come on, I've lived long enough to know the difference between evil and good. And you are a good man, but something made you turn your back and went to the other side."

He was speechless, he turned around and breathed deeply. Unknowingly a tear rolled down, his face and was surprised at the fact that he was actually crying. He quickly wiped it away and faced the girl once more.

"Stop talking, or else you'll end up like you're teammate." Marc said coldly, which made Y/N's expression change.

This was a habit of his, he tried to get rid of it but he can't. He can't break down the walls he built inside him. Which is why instead he makes everyone think that he's the most evil man alive.

This was his defense mechanism, and sometimes he wishes that instead of hurting people he would just be honest for once.

But he can't.

He needs someone to blame.

He needs someone to pay.

"You really are heartless..." Y/N said, her head lowered, eyes staring blankly on the floor.

"And here I hoped.....that you were not who I thought you were..." Hearing the words of the girl, he felt as if a million blades pierced through his heart.

'Please save me, save me from myself.'

He suddenly heard a voice inside his head, but was interrupted when the girl jumped on him. The girl gave her a good kick on both his face and stomach which made him groan in pain.

Suddenly, the door bursted open and there revealed the man he was so eager to kill. Policemen was with him and they hurried to Marc cuffing him and reading him his rights.

He didn't struggle, he accepted his fate. The others were surprised at how he looked so deep in thought, so vulnerable.

Y/N approached Jae-in bowing before going to his side.

"Isn't he acting a bit weird?" Jae-in asked and Y/N nodded, Y/N did find it weird that Marc didn't struggle.

"Y/N" The girl turned her attention to Marc, who was being escorted.

The man gave her a smile, a genuine one. And Y/N was surprised, seeing him smile genuinely.

" I....Im sorry. "

Y/N felt as if a broken piece of her heart was back in its place. And Marc felt as if a heavy weight was taken off his chest.

Marc gave another smile, while this time meeting the gaze of Y/N.

"And..."

"Thank you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Only a chapter left and this book would be ending 😭😭

Sorry for updating so late!

I had lots of ideas, and after this book I will be making a SaTzu ff.

It would be a sad-angst-romance type.

Anyways hope ya'll enjoyed this chap!

Adios~~

-Sarah