I thought you'd understand

The next morning, in the common room, everyone looked at me as I walked towards the door. It reminded me of last year when no one believed Harry about Voldemort's return or when Harry was chosen from the Goblet of Fire.

I realize Harry gets stared at a lot.

A Gryffindor girl glared at me. I sat next to Hermione and Ginny. "Why are they staring at me?" I asked my friends.

"In their defense, you did date Voldemort's nephew", Ginny said.

"So they hate me now", I said.

"No. Who could hate you?" Hermione asked. I gave her a look.

"Well, if they want to pick a fight, they have to go through us", Ginny said.

I heard the five Gryffindor girls in the corner, gossiping. You know, the usual Mean Girl stuff.

"What did she see in him?"

Me, Hermione and Ginny looked at the group of girls.

"Don't you get it?" One of the girls asked.

"Irina is becoming a Death Eater, like her father", Another girl said.

I hated the fact that everyone still believed my father is a murderer. Me and my friends know he was framed, but no one else at the school knew.

"She's so nice. You don't think Irina is bad, do you?" One of the girls asked. I recognized the girl as Lavender Brown.

"It makes sense. Irina Black is becoming a Death Eater. That's why Umbridge locked her up last year, Irina dated a Slytherin who happens to be you-know-who's nephew and she had scars that said she was dangerous".

"Or maybe she's a psychotic killer like Bellatrix".

"Shut up!" I shouted as I stood up. "Shut up, all of you!"

"Did we miss something? Can you speak Parseltongue too?" One of the girls asked.

"What is wrong with you all? She lost her boyfriend", Ginny said.

"Who was a Slytherin", Another girl from the group said.

"Is that all that matters to you? Whether she dates a Slytherin or a Ravenclaw?" Hermione asked.

"Irina Black is the daughter of a mase murderer and that's all she'll ever be".

"You're wrong! All of you are wrong!" I shouted. I was on the verge of crying.

"Oh really?" One of the girls asked. "Hey, Death Eater? Where's your boyfriend? Hey, Death Eater? Is your boyfriend dead? Death Eater! Oh, Death Eater?"

"Hey!"

We all looked at Neville. He walked towards us. "Are you nuts? She just lost Jack", he said.

"Are you really sticking up for her?"

"Yeah. I am", Neville said. "Seeing the good in a Slytherin doesn't make her a Death Eater and it doesn't make her evil".

"It doesn't bother you that she's, oh what's the word? Dangerous?" The girl asked.

"Dangerous or not, you don't taunt a girl who's lost someone", Neville said. "And I don't suppose any of your boyfriends are Gryffindors either".

"At least their uncles didn't kill Cedric Diggory".

"At least mine fought till the end to prove that not all Slytherins were bad. He was killed by a Death Eater and his death should've proved his point", I said.

"And believe me, Iris has lost more than you think", Harry says as he and Ron walked towards us.

Harry puts a hand on my shoulder. "If anyone else has a problem with Iris Black, goes through us", Ron said.

"A filthy little Death Eater is all she will ever be", One of the girls said.

I took out my wand and pointed it at the girl. "Iris", Harry said. He grabbed my hand and gently pulled me back.

I put my wand away and ran to my dorm. I cried into my pillow.

--

The first day was not the best. So I wrote to my father, Sirius Black.

Dear Padfoot,

I'm not having the best day here at Hogwarts. I thought it would help me move on, but a group of Gryffindor girls told me I'll only be a Death Eater and that's it. I know you've been accused of being a Death Eater so I thought perhaps you'd understand. I'm not sure how long I can go through this year, but I'm trying to be strong. How can you go through it? Being accused of working for the Dark Lord? I need some advice and the only person who I thought would understand is you. Please tell me what to do.

Your daughter,

Iris.

After I wrote my letter and sent it to my father, I went back to the common room. The girls from earlier were sitting at the table, studying. There were students talking in the corner.

My eyes landed on Hermione, Harry and Ginny. Ginny gave Harry a book.

"What's that?" I asked as I walked towards them. The girls from earlier looked up from their homework and glared at me.

"Nothing", Harry, Hermione and Ginny said in unison.

"I want to be apart of the secrets too", I said.

"I know, but after what you went through last year, Me, Harry, Ginny, Ron, Fred, George, Neville, Luna and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley think you deserve a break and a normal Hogwarts year", Hermione explained.

"And I think Malfoy would agree since you're friends now", Harry said.

"That's not going to help me feel better", I said.

"We promise you can be apart of it after the Winter. Alright?" Ginny asked.

I didn't say anything. "Irina", Harry said. I sighed.

"Fine", I said. "And just so you know, I don't know if me and Draco are considered friends. I don't know what we are".

"You and Malfoy as friends? I can't imagine it", Hermione said.

"I know you don't approve of our sort-of friendship, but-" I was cut off by Harry.

"It's your choice on who you become friends with", Harry said.

I'm glad he approves even though him and Draco hate each other's guts.