Chapter 29

Victoria

I couldn't sleep at all last night. My mind was blank, my heart beating in a normal steady beat, my palms sweaty and all I could think about, is what is gonna happen next when we come back here after a week. There are so many possibilities that we could meet again as a coincidence but I'm not sure how I will still feel about him by then. Maybe by the time I run into him or see him from the other side of the street some day, I would be with someone else and he will probably too. Will there be enough time for me to move on and forget my feelings for him? Or will they stay with me forever like a curse that I can't get rid off?

When the sun had risen, I was already done with my final packing and all dressed up and ready to go. I could hear commotion from outside my bedroom while I was standing outside the balcony to my room, and watch the sun fully rise to it's peak. I had already called Mitch earlier and he told me that he's waiting already at the runway for us. When a knock came from my bedroom door, I swiftly turned around and saw the door opened and Leah stood on the doorway, already dressed as well.

"You coming?" I drew in a deep breath before I took another look outside and nodding my head, yes.

"Yeah, can't believe I'm already missing this place." I said to her while grabbing my suitcases and following her out of the room.

"Trust me, you'll be missing more than that."

Yeah, maybe....

The guys helped put our suitcases in the trunk of the two SUV parked outside and right before we get in, Jace walked out of the house and quickly glanced in my way before he jumps in the driver's seat of the first car without even saying a word.

Leah and I board the same car as him while Zara and Steve and Alan took the other car. Leah forced me to take the front seat and I reluctantly did because I don't wanna waste time arguing with her to just let me take the backseat instead. I was looking out the window the whole time we were driving to the airport because I didn't have the feeling in me to look up ahead and see him from the corner of my eye.

"Hey JB?" Leah suddenly called from the back.

"Hmm?" He glanced at her at the rearview mirror.

"Are you guys planning to go somewhere after this? Like planning to move to another city and, I don't know, live there maybe?"

He remained silent and that made me glance at him for the first time. He was looking straight ahead, driving with one hand only and has a blank look on his face.

"I don't know Leah, and we're not planning to move anywhere at the moment. Our gang is based here and so does our business. So yeah, we're not moving anywhere." Straight after saying that, he turned his head to the side and looked straight at me.

I swallowed the tight knot in my throat when our eyes finally met. I quickly looked away, outside and released a deep breath. When we finally reached the runway, the cars both pulled up right beside the jet and we all stepped out of the car and grabbed our stuffs. Mitch exited the jet and he shot me a confused look when he noticed the guys but he didn't say anything about it except helped Alan and Steve carry our suitcases in.

"So, I guess this is it." Jace said, for the first time. I slowly turned around to face him and nod my head once.

"Yeah. I-it was gr-great knowing you guys and I know i haven't said this before, so um, thank you. For, you know, protecting us during this last couple of weeks."

Alan groaned loudly from the back making us all look at him.

"Please don't carry on with the 'thank you' and the 'so sad to leave you guys' speech Victoria. You can do that when you graduate college okay?" He walked up to Zara and place his arm on her shoulder, hugging her to his side and pulling her away from us.

"Yeah, no one likes a sad ending." Steve said before pulling Leah's arm and they walked away from Jace and I.

Well, at least they get to say a proper goodbye to the guys they like.

"Miss Michaelson you ready to go?" Mitch asked from the entryway of the jet.

"Yeah, be right there Mitch." He disappeared inside and I glanced down on the ground before looking up at him.

"You'll be back after a week huh?" He asked while shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah."

"I, um, sorry about what happened yesterday. I was a total waste and I didn't remember anything happening till this morning when I woke up." He scratched the back of his head and I chuckled.

"It's fine. Anyway, we should leave now. So I'm gonna-" I pointed to the jet and started walking up the staircase.

"Hey um, guys! We should go." I yelled out to the others and Leah and Zara started to walk up inside without a look back. I was the last to get in.

"See you soon Victoria." He called out to me and that made me freeze midway.

I looked back down at him and frowned in confusion.

"What?" He smiled up at me without revealing any emotion on his face.

"See you soon." He repeated. I walked down the steps again and made no move to hide the tears in my eyes.

"What do you mean by that? There's no 'see you soon' Jace. This is goodbye, for real right now. I'm serious. So don't say, see you soon! Cos you're only putting us at risk when you mean that."

"Victoria-" I cut him off.

"No! You're not gonna have the last word and say something like that. You said so yourself remember? No contact just distance, cos it's for our own good. You know what? You're being unbelievably-"

The rest of my sentence got cut off when he suddenly walked right up to me and hugged me. The skin contact between us made this sizzling sensation all over my body and made my heart raced. It also made me realized right at that moment, that there isn't a chance in hell that i was gonna get over this guy. If he can easily make me feel this way anytime he wants, it's gonna take a lot of work to try and get rid of my feelings for him when I leave right now.

We slowly pulled away from the embrace and he tucked my hair behind my ear while looking into my eyes.

"I'll miss you, you know?" I shook my head furiously.

"Please, just stop. Okay?" He smiled at me again, one that doesn't reach his eyes at all, and kissed my cheek softly.

I pushed him away and glared at him. "I hate you, you know that?" He chuckled dryly.

"No you don't." Before I even have to think about it, I grabbed the front of his shirt and pulled him closer, making our lips collide.

He responded immediately and wrapped both his arms around my waist and deepened the kiss even more, although the thought of pulling away and leave right now was nagging me. But i couldn't do it, I don't even want this moment to go away but if this is all I can get to just remember what this kiss had made me feel, then it's worth it.

We finally pulled away and I looked down at the ground the whole time before I board the jet with no look back, and settled down in my seat while ignoring Leah and Zara's excited squeals beside me and waiting for the jet to take off. I smiled to myself while looking out the window and tugging on the necklace he gave me, around my neck.

Well, LA sure has a lot of surprises. So far, it has become my favorite city right now out of all the places we've been to during our last summer vacation despite what we've through. It has been a thrill and a wild summer after all, that I'll probably never forget. That's a good thing, because I don't want to forget every single moment here anyway.