Chapter 4

Shu, the god of the air and supporter of the sky, was created by Atum by his power, without the aid of a woman. Shu and his sister and companion, Tefnut (goddess of moisture), were the first couple of the group of nine gods called the Ennead of Heliopolis. 
Shu went to meet Heka, the god of magic and also of medicine.
Medicine is effective together with magic. The magic referred to took the form of spells, incantations, and rituals, which called on higher supernatural powers to cure the patient or treat symptoms.
Heka gave him an animal dung ointment which will also help to ward off bad spirits.

Geb and Apopis agreed to take the life of Shu, Apopis took Geb to the shrine of Osiris.
They both invoked his name, Osiris, one of Egypt's most important deities, was the god of the underworld. He also symbolized death, resurrection.
They explained to Osiris and Geb promised him a role in his cabinet if he can take the life of Shu.
Osiris, a very greedy person, decided to take the life of Shu.
Shu was running back home, he fell awkwardly. He looked up, trying to get support from the sky. Instead, he saw the face of Osiris. Shu begged him and told him that he should allow him to give Tefnut her ointment. Osiris collected the ointment and threw it away. Shu caused thunders but this can not affect Osiris.
" Goodbye," said Osiris.

Imhotep knew the perpetrators, but he could not do anything; because he warned Shu and Tefnut. They ignored his words, now they're no more.
Imhotep knows he has to keep low, if not he'll be killed too.
He was not shocked that Osiris did that, he has known Osiris to be a gullible person
"Geb won't keep his promise, I'm very sure. Osiris has connived with the wrong person. Two wrongs can never make a right" said Imhotep

Apopis went to meet Geb before the coronation starts.
Geb welcomed him and offered him flesh, which he rejected.
Apopis rarely rejects food, something must be wrong. Geb asked him why he was here.
Apopis explained to him "Osiris can betray us, so before he does; we should lock him in the realm of the dead. Geb supported the idea.

Geb began to prepare for the coronation, while Apopis vanished.
Geb wore a long shirt called “gallibaya”,  trousers, one outer garment, a headdress, and shoes.
While the other men wore wrap-around skirts known as the shendyt, which were belted at the waist, pleated at the front.
The women wore a tight-fitting sheath dress, a simple garment that falls from just below the breasts to just above the ankles, being held up by two shoulder straps.

Nut was also in the coronation, she wore a dress consisting of a body made from a tube of material sewn up one side, supported by a bodice with sleeves. In contrast to dresses worn by other women which caught the attention of Geb.