This place doesn't feel like home

Remember when I said I would try to update in the summer? Yeah that was a fucking lie 

A bit of an explanation of what takes place in this mess of a chapter. When Connor was a child he struggled with derealization and his time travel ability. It would often lead him into different scenarios. Also Connor is 13.

Also sorry for writing about Connor so much. I'm hyperfixated on him currently and yeah.

Tw// derealization

---

 "Mommy? Can we go home yet?"

 I looked up at my mom. She continued talking to my friends mom, so she was really paying attention to me.

I tugged on her shirt

She looked down at me

 "What's wrong, Connor?"

 I felt nervousness shoot through my body as she asked me that.

 " I- can we go home now? "

She kneeled down at me

 "It's schlatts birthday, Connor. Go spend time with him"

She's smiled warmly

 "Okay.."

 I had left my mom and walked to schlatts room. When I got there I felt watched. I could see someone who I assumed was schlatt in the room, but.. They were a blur. I didn't recognize their face. I didn't recognize them.

Everything turned grey. No one was there and I heard slight static in the background. His TV would flash white, and then an eye. Schlatt was completely gone now. 

I walked into the living room, which was where my mom was to see black, almost shadow like figures, talking. The same thing happend to the TV in living room as well. Static was even louder.. That's when I heard a soft, yet distorted song.

 "Heartaches, heartaches"

 "My loving you ment only heartaches"

 " Your kiss was such a sacred thing to me"

 "I can't believe it's just a burning memory"

 "Heartaches, heartaches"

 "What does it matter how my heartbreaks?"

 "I should be happy with someone new"

 "But my heart aches for you"

 I snapped back to reality.

I ran over to what seemed to be my mom and hugged her leg. I looked up to her and her face was blacked out. 

"Mommy..?"

" This smile isn't real, this place isn't real. " I

I was taken aback .

"No this is real this is real." 

The figure bent down and looked at me. My " mom" was fully blurred out now.

"You aren't real. I'm not real. Give it up"

A wide, stomach churning smile was now on their face

"I just want to go home"

I closed my eyes and when I opened them again my mom was there. The eyes were gone. There wasn't any static anymore, and everything seemed fine.

But this place still didn't feel like home. 

I walked over to my mom asking again if we could leave for her to only reject.

Eyes peered from the walls watching my every move.

it happened again.

This time I'm in a field.

I approach the only other person there

"Welcome back, Connor"

I couldn't make out who it was though they knew me.

" Do I know you? "

"Oh silly me! Of course you forgot! How rude of me! You're back into the dream space! This space is your second home. It's your home away from home." 

The figure in the suit chuckled .

"My name is Vineli! Soon you will learn more about this place. Just going over some rules first as you will be here longer. . 1: Don't accept tea from strangers. 2: If you catch a train, only get off at your stop. If you disobey you will be thrown off into the void. 3: Always keep a clock. 4: Don't mind the eyes. They make sure you're safe."

He cleared his throat.

"That should be about it!"

" Mr. Vineli? When do I go home.. "

"Don't worry about that. Just remember those rules and remember, they know everything about you."

" But-"

He left.

"But this place doesn't feel like home. "