The Power Duo

"Dude, I wanted to see that!" MJ whined after Yodheya finished her story.

"To bad you weren't the first thing in my mind."

"Atleast you've more brains than someone else I know."

Peter and Ned arrived at that moment.
"Who has more brains?"

The girls looked at each other then looked at them as MJ spoke up.
"Dheya. A guy asked her on a date."
Beside her Yodheya's fruitless attempt of smile failed seeing Peter's wide eyes and shocked expression.
"Why- I mean, you didn't say yes, right?"

"Would you rather I'd say no?"

"Yes! No. Yes. I mean, he can be a creep. I'm just looking out for you. Well-"

"Seems like you know my type, Peter."

At this he grew all pink and started sputtering. He looked at his best buddy for help who in turn messed it even more for him.
"He knows your type! He likes you....as a bestfriend of course! So he pays attention to.....to your everything!"
Peter not-so-subtly jabbed him on the side as MJ smirked.
"So what's her type?"

Peter went into full panic mode as his brain registered everything and fervently wished Flash would yeet him off the roof. He even searched for him but was nowhere to be found. Ned was looking at him with guilty eyes while MJ smirked. Well, Yodheya, she smiled warmly. Exhaling deeply, he nervously spoke out, the confidence he had inside already pissing pants.

"I-I don't know. Maybe someone good-looking, humble, nerd, intelligent and works for great personalities, maybe? I mean only I'd you want, though. I'mnotpressingyou!"

(Ooh I see you, Peter 👀 *wiNk wOnk*)

MJ and Ned were actually surprised at his words while Yodheya looked like she tried to suppress a toothy grin with her eyes downcast. The school bell rung, signifying their first class. She looked at him with a smile and pinched his cheek.

"I'll certainly think about it, Pete."

With that she was off to her class with a smile on her face, not noticing that Ned was giving Peter proud pats on the back who had his hand on his cheek, mouth agape. MJ was nudging her with her elbow on the sides, a knowing smirk covering her face. Yodheya's mind went to Peter again and the familiar feeling of warmth covered her body.

(Girl, you're wipped. Go kith him)

They reached their Physics class and took a seat where they usually do, waiting for the boys. Mr. Kingston still didn't arrive so the student were busy doing....stuff. (oooh what stuff 😏)

"Go ask her out!"

"What if she's into girls too?"

"What's the worst she can say?"

"I don't know, no?"

"If you don't, I'm gonna ask her out, bro."

"You wouldn't dare."

They were arguing a bit more which Yodheya ignored with a eye roll. Her eyes went to the door, waiting to see something or rather someone. Her gaze was broken by a voice.
"Hi."
She looked at the owner of the voice, Brad, who was shifting nervously on his feet.

"Oh hey," she answered back. The boy released a breath of relief and started speaking a bit unsurely.
"I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me?"

"Uh...." Yodheya trailed off. She was never asked on a date and this was the first time. A yes wouldn't hurt, right?
But she really didn't want to agree. Brad seemed okay and was quite handsome but it didn't sit right with her. She smiled nervously and was about to say yes despite the nagging feeling in her heart but a familiar voice stopped her.