Chapter 3 - A New Home, A New Life

~~~~~ { A Year Later } ~~~~~

Within the past year, Zelda has been getting along with the clan perfectly, like a family again almost. She would spend time with them individuality, her and Angela hang out by flying around the city while on patrolling. They became like sisters to one another as they gotten close during the past year. They would even invited Elisa to their hang outs, who became Zelda's best friend and also like a sister. 

Goliath became like a father figure to Zelda, as Hudson also became like a grandfather figure to her, helping her with fighting skills and to defend herself and others from any harm that would come to them. Bronx was already very close to Zelda that he became her guard dog almost, but she treats him more as a friend than anything else. As for the trio, they became like brothers to her... but with Brooklyn, she felt more closer to him than a brother but couldn't figure out what. They would hang out more than anyone in the clan. But she would also hang out with all three of them, Broadway and Lexington, when they want to go out somewhere.

There are times when ever Zelda feels sad and frustrated, Brooklyn would be there to comfort her with a hug and hold her close til she feel s completely better. Sometimes, she would accidently sleep on his shoulder that would make him smile and laugh lightly, not loud enough to wake her up. He will gently pick her up to take her to sleep on something more comfortable. Even when she wakes up from nightmares, the whole clan will be at her side within minutes and try to calm her down, trying to cheer up. But Brooklyn would be the one to be next to her, holding her in a tight reassuring hug and promises to be next to her til she falls asleep again. 

"I'll be here to protect you from anything that will harm you."

Everyone smiled at the act of caring and comfort that Brooklyn is displaying in front of them. They never seen this much of this side of him, to them, this is new. Even when he had a liking, crush, maybe even loved Maggie a while back, this was mush more than what happened with Maggie. But the whole clan knew that only time, fate, or destiny will tell of how their future will be.

There are a couple of times that Angela and Goliath would ask Zelda about her clan or family, but she would tell them the same answer, that she's not ready. They seem to understand that she'll never tell them til she feels ready to talk about it. So the told her that they'll wait and be here for her to talk about it but also listen to her story. Zelda is very grateful for their understanding and kindness. 

... But soon, Zelda's tragic past will catch up with her, sooner than she least expects it.

( I am sorry for this chapter for being sooo short. But I am going to a BBQ for an early Father's Day for my dad. Hope you like the story so far, please let me know what you think. Thank you all and hope your guys Father's Day is awesome and great! )