Chapter 5 - Unexpected Attack/Kidnap

When the sun started to go down, the gargoyles woke up from their stone slumber and jumped off the railing of the balcony to the stone floor. Before everyone went inside the clock tower, Goliath asked Zelda if she could patrol around Central Park. She thought about for a minute and agreed with glee, since she wanted to go see the park again.

Everyone laughed a bit at her excitement.

"Of course! I've always wanted to go back there!"

"Very well Zelda, you may go now if you wish." 

Goliath laughed a bit as well.

She squealed in in excitement as she thanked Goliath.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

As she was about to fly off when she felt someone gently poked her shoulder. Zelda turned and saw that it's Angela and the trio, looking a bit worried.

"Will you be alright on your own Zelda? Are you sure that one of us should come with you in case something happens?" Angela asked, very concerned for Zelda's safety.

"I'll be okay Angela, even on my own too. Thanks for the offer though. See you guys when I come back!"

Zelda flew off from the clock tower towards Central Park.

The four remaining gargoyles looked at each other with worry. Thinking if one of them should go with her anyway but they stayed to respect her choice. But a certain red gargoyle is thinking otherwise. 

'I should follow her, just to make sure that she's okay and nothing happens to her... But I can't. I must respect her privacy too.'

"Brooklyn? What are you thinking about?"

Lexington asked when he noticed Brooklyn was deep in thought.

"Hmm... I don't know but I have a bad feel about Zelda being by herself... alone"

                                                                  ~~~~~{ Central Park }~~~~~

Zelda arrived at Central Park a few minutes ago, sitting on a tree branch that is located in a certain part of the park that people don't go around during the night. She is watching and listening to the sound of the lake and the light breeze blowing through the leaves and grass.

'... This park reminds me of hyrule field... I wish that my friends are here...'

Suddenly she remembered what Maggie said, when she first met Talon, Claw and Maggie.

"I see how Brooklyn looks at you. I even see how you look at him before you introduced yourself. It almost sounds like love at first sight."

She blushed after remembering that statement.

'L-Love at first sight?! No, it can't be that! I can't fall for someone that quickly! I-I mean he is sweet, kind, handsome an- Oh!'

Zelda thought, shaking her head with frustration. She jumped off the tree branch that she was sitting on and decided to have a walk to clear her mind. She walked on the path that leads all around the park, making sure that no one was around to spot her.

But what Zelda doesn't know is that she is being watched and followed.

                                                           ~~~~~{ At the Clock Tower }~~~~~

Brooklyn is still outside, leaning on the railing of the balcony, looking in the direction of Central Park. He is so deep in his thoughts that he didn't noticed someone behind him.