Chapter 9 - Taken & The Message

Tense and silence is in the air while Zelda and Brooklyn stared at Ridley and Xanatos. But Brooklyn and Ridley stared at each other with hate/anger.

"What do you mean 'you're here for her'?! What did she do to you?!"

Ridley's gaze shifted towards Zelda. She quickly hid her face behind Brooklyn, away from Ridley's stare. He chuckled evilly at that.

"Come on my dear, why don't you answer those questions? Since you told him about your history... but not the whole history."

Brooklyn and Zelda faced each other with his eyes with confusion and hers with fear and unsure. 

"Zelda? What is he talking about? Do you know him? What other part of the story is he talking about?"

Zelda sighed and grabbed both of his hands and looked at him with honesty. "Y-Yes, I do know him... We... We've met, two years ago before I've met you and the others."

Brooklyn didn't know what to say as he looked at her with shock as he stood still in confusion.

"How-"

"Now that would be an INTERSTING tale to tell you." said Ridley, walking up towards them, "But sadly, we would have to wait for another time. Now you both will come with me."

Brooklyn held her close to him and growled defensively. Backing away as Ridley kept walking closer and stopped near the edge of the lake.

"We will not!"

Then Xanatos came forward, "Well, I'm afraid that's too bad for you both."

Suddenly a cage came down from the sky and landed right on top of Brooklyn and Zelda. They tried to bang and pull on the bars to see if they can break free of it but all was in vain.

"This cage is very impressive, human. Having it invisible until they are captured, very interesting indeed."

"That's not all this cage can do."

Xanatos uses a controlled remote that he pulled out from his suit and made the cage split into two cages. One with Zelda and the other with Brooklyn, separating them completely. Ridley smirked at their shocked and confused faces.

"Now THAT'S what I call very interesting and impressive."

"One of my greatest creations but I'm afraid that this is the only one that's available Ridley."

He growled in annoyance, "Oh, how tragic."

"What do you want from us?! And what do YOU want with Zelda?!" Brooklyn yelled, gripping the bars of the cage tightly.

 Ridley slammed his claws against the cage while gripping while he grabbed Brooklyn by his neck with is tail and slammed him to the bottom of the cage. Zelda tried to break the bars again to try to reach him, but the bars wouldn't break and he is too far away from within her reach.

"Brooklyn!"

Ridley pulled him near his face, his glowing yellow eyes and glared with anger.

"What I want from her is none of your concern, you naïve fool. But as for the both of you... " Ridley moved closer to Brooklyn and whispered, "I want to see you both suffer of being permanently separated."

With that, Ridley lets go of Brooklyn's neck as he coughed, trying to catch his breath by breathing in and out greatly.

When he finally got his air, he saw Zelda trying to reach for him through the bars of her cage. He did the same and was almost about the reach her by just only their fingers barely touching when suddenly, Zelda's cage got pulled away.