Chapter 7: I will learn to let go... and love

When the next night came, Goliath advised Zelda to have someone with her for a while til' she feels alright to be on her own. At first, Zelda didn't want someone to 'babysit' her but then she gave it some thought and considering what happened with Xanatos and agreed.

Zelda sat outside on the railing, thinking of when Link was her guardian and chosen one to protect her. She missed him... all of them. A few tears started to show as she looked up at the stars and slightly cried.

"I wonder if all of you guys are watching over me... and my new friends."

"Wondering who is watching over us?"

She yelped in surprise as she saw it was Hudson. She wiped her tears from her eyes and face before he came to stand next to her.

"Oh... it's nothing, just looking at the stars and wondering is all."

He didn't look entirely convinced but didn't say anything to her about it.

"Ah, I see... but I do want to know how you're feeling."

"I'm feeling okay, but I still feel scared on being alone while flying around."

Hudson nodded in understanding and also looked up at the sky, towards the stars.

"... I'm sure that your clan... your people, your friends... are watching over you lass. As our clan is probably watching over us as well."

Zelda smiled fondly at him when he said that. But then changed into a frown.

Hudson noticed this and decided to say, "Zelda, I know that mentioning about your clan causes you grieve and have such sadness... but would they want you to feel such feelings for the rest of your life?"

Her eyes widened in shock, confuse and a bit of realization. She didn't know how to answer him but did eventually nod in understanding

"I... I know that I will have to talk about them, but I feel like that they'll be disappointed with me to talk about our lives and everything."

He smiled lightly at her little confession.

"In my honest advice Zelda, I think they'll be relieved of you letting go of the past and for you to start a new life. But I also think that they'll also be proud of you sharing their stories to others. So, others can have adventures like them almost."

She then started to smile at that. But what he said brought her to tears.

"But most importantly, their spirits will be in peace, knowing that you finally let go of your pain and sorrow."

Zelda started to shake a bit for a few seconds before she hugged Hudson.

He was startled at first but hugged her back with a smile.

"You have time to think about it before you decide what to do lass."

Both of them let go of the hug and she giggled as she wipes her tears away.

"Thank you, Hudson, I really need that. I'll also think about what you said."

Hudson nodded and left her alone after he said, "The others except myself, Bronx and Brooklyn went out patrolling. I'll let Brooklyn know that you're alright so you can have some peace of mind alright?"

Zelda nodded as she watched him walking towards the entrance to the clock tower. Once she saw that he is completely inside, she returned her gaze up towards the stars and sighed.

"I hope that Hudson is right. But I KNOW that I must let go of the past that causes me and all you guys pain and me to not find... love."

She then stood on the railing with a smile and new fresh tears falling.