Preperation.

•°•A/N•°•
Just so you guys know, Monochromicorn and Cake are in human form, but they both still have their powers. Anyways...

~Gumballs P.O.V.~

There was this loud bang, and I immediately shot up, wide awake. Looking at the clock, I noticed it was 3:47 a.m. Then I remembered why I was awake, and gazed upon the scenery of my room, trying to find the source of the bang.

Far off to the right of the room near his bed, Mono was trying to pick up his textbook that slipped from his hands. Relief found it's way into my body as I sank back down into the bed.

"Mochro, what are you doing up? Did you just get home?" He seemed stunned. I suppose he wasn't aware I had awaken. He signaled something that I wasn't very capable of reading in the dark room. It was something like: "Yes, sorry for waking you, cake and I..." and I sort of blanked off and stopped watching. He was just away with Cake all night. Again.

"You should really stop staying out so late. You had Pepp worried." I yawned and thought about her sweet face, and how drastically it can change when she becomes anxious. MC had went to place the book he dropped onto the night stand between our two beds, but he noticed the invitation I had received earlier. He picked it up an examined it closely, as if he was trying to read the message through the envelope.

"what's this?"He signed.

"It's an invite to the Party LSP is having."

"You're going to that?"

"Indeed." His face looked surprised.

"Prince Bubba Gumball agreed to go to a party? Call up National Geographic, this is an important day in history." I laughed at his response.

"Yes, Is it that hard to believe?" I tilted my head to add a sort of dramatic effect.

"Yes, it is. You've always been a goody-goody. I'm going to, but with Cake. What are you wearing?" Huh. I had not thought about that, but I wasn't about to at almost 4 in the morning.

"That I don't know yet. But I'm going back to sleep." Before I could roll back over, he signed again.

"I'll help you pick out your outift tomorrow after school. Fi is suppose to return, so maybe she can help."

"Why not? As long as I don't look like a thug or a druggy." He made a silent giggle. This time, I was capable of rolling over, and the beautiful moon light shining through the doors to my balcony was the last thing I saw.

~Marshalls P.O.V.~

Great. LSP wants me to perform at his party... again. I picked up my bass and began strumming it, hoping to find a little inspiration, with little luck.

I've always had a new song I've wrote to play at his parties, but this time, I had nothing. Maybe I'd just do a cover... yeah, that's what I'll do. But great, now I have to pick one. It's 5 o' clock in the Glob damn morning, and I gave up on sleeping. Sitting my most prized possession against the ladder that led up to my room, I noticed that the paint was wearing off. Oh well, every missing piece represents a story in my opinion. I'm not going to blow money on fixing that old thing.

Somewhere off in the distance, Shwabelle, my cat, was meowing rather obnoxiously.

"What do you want from me woman!?" All I got back was a prolonged mew that almost sounded like a growl. She's probably hungry. Fatass. I floated towards my basically empty pantry and took out her food, pouring a decent amount in her bowl, and threw the sack back in.

"You're lucky I love you." Her only reply was the crunching of her food. I have to be up in two hours, and I haven't slept. Maybe I'll pop a couple of sleeping aids and see how well that works. I took my own mental advice and did so. They took effect rather quickly, as I was falling asleep just floating up to my bed. Finally, I passed out.